What's new

Alias - 1/11/04 - Full Disclosure (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Someone made a very good point about Lauren and Sark. How could she possibly be talking to him on the phone at the end? Wasn't he threatening to kill her in her car just a few weeks ago? Now we're supposed to be believe she's been conspiring with him and the Covenant the entire time?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Jennifer may be signed on for several seasons, but the show itself could very well end this year if ABC wasn't happy with the ratings.

James Marsters is signed for seasons 5 and 6 of ANGEL. This, however, is only if the show continues past season 5.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Then there is also the whole angle of how did they get a Senator's daughter to be a Covenant agent?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lauren was raised overseas (I guess in England), so it's possible she could have had some Euro-tweaking while abroad.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Patrick, I confused Lindsey's name with Kendall.

I watch this show regularly, but it's difficult to keep up with all the peripheral characters. IIRC, Lindsey was shot at the end of a recent episode, and I don't recall if they ever revealed if he lives, and if he's really a part of the Covenant, which could explain the Butterbean look-a-like guy, if he even was the same guy in the cell next to Syd.

Nelson

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The man Sydney killed for her Covenant test was not the same man who duped her in the prison facility. The latter is a guy instantly recognizable to me now for his guest roles in other shows like X-Files and the Practice. He seems to have a condition with his eyes that make them dart around. I seem to recall an Entertainment Weekly article on him awhile back, but don't know his name.

The way the end was edited leads us to think Sark called Lauren and Lauren called Sark to confirm the kill, but given the nature of the show there's certainly the possibility they were not talking to each other. Or even that Sark was calling to have his father killed. This is likely, but if it turns out otherwise it will be clear there was nothing but assumptions made.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The last scene with Lauren reminded me of a scene from "The Professional", just the way she carried herself as she calmly walked away from the camera.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I figure there was some sort of go-between between Sark and Lauren, because... Well, isn't making her evil a bit too obvious? The show's more fun, to me, if she's one of the good guys and Syd has to find some way to live with that - making her a traitor and some kind of obstacle between Syd and Vaughn just seems to be pandering.

Besides, how many traitors can there be in that CIA office, anyway? I've already pegged Weiss as being the guy who tipped Sloane off so he could steal the Rimbaldi artifacts a couple weeks ago. :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

You're thinking of Pruitt Taylor Vince, but that's not who played the victim (though I agree the resemblance was strong).

M.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Thanks for the name!

Maybe it's because I easily recognize Mr. Vince, but I don't think there's much resemblance between him and the victim, other than hair loss. IIRC the victim looked less caucasian, perhaps a bit hispanic.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator

I agree completely, Jason. It was the only thing that slightly marred the episode for me. I know they want to get Syd and Vaughn back together and that meant Lauren had to be evil or die (or both), but that doesn't mean I like it now that it's happening.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The shooter could be FakeFrancie™ in her new LookalikeLauren™ body... owww, my brain hurts just thinking that they'd do something like that. :D

Brad

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
VTP=Rub in Nobody's Fool.

Not a big fan of this ep. Can't stand that mouse-faced Lauren. Hopefully the show gets better this season and away from the one-degree-of-separation-CIA stuff.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was watching the Sum of All Fears last night, which has Ron Rifkin (aka Arvin Sloane) playing the part of the Secretary of State. At one point the President calls him by his first name, Sidney. I thought it slightly humorous.

Jasen

Auditioning
I can't help but be reminded of the movie Paycheck. She does all these things and then has her memory erased with only a few clues as to where she has been and what she has been doing. Maybe Jen and Ben talked about his upcoming movie role while filming "Daredevil"?

Anyway, who says that Lauryn is working for the Covenant? Maybe Sark called Sloane and Sloane came up with a really good reason why Lazera needed to be killed. She doesn't work for the CIA and it wouldn't suprise me for the two government agencies to be at odds yet again. That does of course leave the question of how she is sniper trained when she isn't field rated? Hey, I'm sure they can find a way to explain it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.