What's new

Alias - 1/11/04 - Full Disclosure (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
WOOHOO!

Alias has returned from hiatus. And tonight we will finally learn where Sydney's been for the past 24 months. And according to epguides and sd-6.com we're gonna be learning it from an "unlikely" source. I got two words

Smarmy Baldness!!

I have a feeling. I also have a picture of that person talking to Sydney on a plane. Will tonight's episode be the Phase One of Season 3? Find out on an all new Alias!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Oh dear lord!!! That was just amazing! Totally got me hyped up for the rest of the season. This one's got me completely excited. THAT ENDING was expected, but the shooter was not! How this is going to play out will be very interesting...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh, how I enjoy this show, and all of its spy vs. spy motif that always keeps the viewer guessing.

So we find out what Sydney's been through in the past 2 years, and yet, the future is what is really relevant.

And how about that last final scene. Cool.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
A total Phase One for the third season!! What a shock to find out that all that hardball that Kendall played was an act and that he's really a decent geek. And wow, did the shooter play it cool during the first half of the season... totally unexpected.

Is anyone else imagining that the shooter is related to Sark & Lazarey? With all they have invested in the storyline, Sark had to have escaped with the embryo.

I am really excited about Isabella Rossellini joining up next week. Hopefully 'Katya' will be able to fill Irina's shoes.

Rob T

Screenwriter
The guy that spoke when Sydney stabbed that guy in front of the leaders of the covenant sure sounded like McKenas Cole (Quentin Tarantino) to me. The Covenant must of extracted him from CIA custody! :D

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

That was my immediate thought as well. I just checked out "The Box, Part II" to remind myself of Cole's fate and after getting the hell knocked out of him by Syd, the CIA took him into custody. So, I suppose Cole could now be with the Covenant.

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I didn't care for the ending. All throughout the season it seemed to me that the since she was sydney's rival she has to be bad, so the writer's decided to maker her really bad. Perhaps they even thought that the audience needs another familiar bad guy to replace her former roommate. Of course it sets up the obvious future confrontation with Sydney and her eventual reunion with Vaughn.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Matt and Rob-

I agree that definitely sounded like QT, although whether he was reprising his role as McKenas Cole or merely offering his services as a "creepy voice" remains to be seen (after all Syd was under some pretty heavy psychological stress and/or drugs at the time and could've merely hallucinated Cole's voice). Then again this is Alias and JJ Abrams and his writers rarely drop something like that into an episode without making it significant.

Bummed that we didn't get to see Kendall's lab (where presumably the device from the Telling is being studied). I've heard rumors that this episode was initially meant to air later in the season so maybe that set wasn't ready yet. I hope in turns up in the not-too-distant future.

Otherwise a terrific episode. Damn the S3 DVDs can't come soon enough after the season wraps.

- Guy

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Didn't the guy that Sydney stabs with the knife, to prove she's brainwashed, look like the guy that was the fake prisoner when Kendall had her in the jail cell earlier this year?

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
That was one of the best episodes of Alias I've ever seen. Reasons:

1. We solve the mystery (for the most part)
2. Kendall! I love that guy. It was so satisfying to hear him say that he wasn't FBI in Season 1. It's little treasures like that that keep this show brilliant.
3. "Okay I put a tracker on it!" :)
4. And this is my favorite one: MCKENAS COLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!! That is the first thought that popped into my head. There is no way it isn't Cole. QT's voice is way too distinctive to just pop in for a guest star role. And something tells me that it was Mckenas that Lauren and Sark were talking to at the end. Best episode of the season bar none!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
It was okay. Nothing seemed particularly revelatory.

On the plus side: the QT-ish voice, the good Dixon moment, the Goonies sequence, and the phonecall to Marshall.

On the negative side: why were Syd and Kendall on a plane? How does Sark manage to get away, unscathed, again? And where the heck were Jack and Sloane? I was really hoping the reveal at the end would be Jack - that would have been interesting.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I too recognized the voice as very distinctive, but was like 'Oh, it must have just sounded like someone familiar.'

Now that everyone else mentions QT, I also think that it sounded VEEEERY MUCH like him. I'm pretty sure something is going to come of this.

Season 3 is gearing up to be highly entertaining.

Any word yet if ABC has told JJ & Company to go ahead with Season 4?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Jennifer garner is signed on for a bunch more seasons so im pretty sure the show will be around for a while longer

capt

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
What a tremendous show. It had 3 shows worth of information packed into 60 minutes. WOW!

Of course Vaughn's wife is evil. Syd dreamt of it during her attempts to regain her memory. And also, she fought herself in those attempts, which make sense considering she wiped her own memory.

The amazing thing for me is that JJ Abrams takes stuff from seasons 1 and 2 and still uses it. He doesn't throw anything away.

I'm going to have to check my TIVO of the show and listen to "the voice". It didn't register when I watched it. But then again, I was watching with my wife, who only started watching this season, so I was filling her in on back story.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
That was the voice of QT, there is no question about that.

I thought the episode was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.