What's new

alfred hitchcok presents (1 Viewer)

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
That's not necessarily true, as some studios and shows use quick release times to keep interest high (a longer delay may spell disaster for follow up sales), so we can definitely hope this is on it's way.

Although I do doubt it myself, as Universal is not known for speed, particularly with older remasters.

Anyone know sales info on this?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

One of the quickest 2nd season issues that I've seen come out of Universal is Emergency!. Season 1 was released this past August with season 2 set for release in February . . . about 6 months. E! season 1 must have sold really well for them to bring out season 2 so quickly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I won't get worried about AHP Season Two unless Universal announces their April slate and it's not on there. Although as others have pointed out, Universal isn't exactly known for their speed so maybe it'll be longer but a new set every six months seems like a reasonable schedule.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
It's too bad Universal butchered some of Hitchcock's comments both at the beginning and end of some of the episodes. If more seasons are released, I hope they don't make that mistake again. :thumbsdown:

And if they do put out more sets, the seventh season (1961-1962) -- the one with the most consistently well-written 1/2 hour stories and the classiest version of the theme music in Hitchcock TV history is a long way off...

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I think that Paramount does classic tv shows better than anyone else. They put out a product that looks good except for a couple of hiccups here and there and they put it out on a regular basis. The Brady Bunch and Andy Griffith have been on a 4-5 month schedule while Hogan's Heroes is on a 6 month schedule. Wish everybody could do this.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Just a heads up to people who live in R2, it looks like Season 1 of Alfred Hitchcock Presents is coming on the 20th February :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
A season every six months seems extremely slow to me... maybe I've been spoiled by the comparatively quick three months in between the Twilight Zone Definitive Edition sets from Image Entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks