What's new

ALF?! ALF in season boxes?! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From Dark Horizons:
Alf (DVD): The famous sitcom is apparently coming to DVD in a 12 disc set next Spring - including a commentary track.
If this is true, this is very, very odd. Don't get me wrong. I was a fan. But, if you asked me which TV series would be getting a box, ALF wouldn't have been my first guess. Even stranger, ALF is/was controlled by Warner Brothers. If they still do control it, I'm surprised they aren't just doing best-ofs. And, in any case, 12 discs seems a bit extreme. Is there that much of a demand for this title?
I hope it sells well. If it does, it may open doors to other series. Personally, I need Airwolf and the A-Team.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I really liked this show (and was disappointed in the way it ended), but it is indeed a very strange choice for a DVD box-set... is there any demand for it?
I would think WB would be better off releasing the Region 2 DVD's of "Friends" in a region 1 version, or some other popular show.
But now I feel oddly compelled to buy this box-set... or at least one disc or so, so I can drive my wife nuts with even more refernces to ALF. :)
/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Mark, LOL, I thought of that right after I sent my message, and was just about to edit it. Those were some odd pictures... I hope the guy is OK.
/Mike

Joel C

Screenwriter
This is a joke, methinks.
I KNOW that I read a spoof about this in some magazine over the weekend (Total Movie?), and it seems many websites are taking it for the real deal.
I am 90% sure this is what is going on.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Joel,
That sounds right. I can buy a best-of disc, even if it was to test the waters for a later boxed set, but I can't imagine too many people are such hardcore ALF fans that they'd shell out for a 12-disc set! And commentary to boot!
laugh.gif

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Nope, someone at Dark Horizons needs to learn to read.
This is practically verbatim from TOTAL MOVIE MAGAZINE's joke news column (page 10 issue #5):
quote: "NEWS YOU CAN'T USE"
Because it's more fun when it's fake
Hide the cat- Fans of the late 80's TV series ALF will be thrilled to hear that the series will be released on DVD beginning next spring. The twelve disc boxed set will include the entire series run and a bevy of extras, including commentary for each episode with ALF himself, a fifteen minute interview ith Liz "Mrs. Ochmonek" Sheridan and police footage of Max Wright's drunk driving arrest.[/quote]
I guess this joke was a little too subtle for some, as someone somewhere thought it credible enough to quote as truth.
Some of the other stories in this section (Cameron to direct HINDENBURG from 469 page script and 2.7 billion dollar budget, CNN's Larry king to conduct hour long interview with Death) were a bit more absurd making it a bit easier for everyone to know they were jokes-- again guess the ALF boxset was a bit too subtle.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on October 17, 2001 at 04:55 PM]

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If only it WERE true. But Warners has not even put this series on VHS! I wish Warners would ignore all their 90s crapola TV series and do older stuff such as this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks