What's new

Alec Guiness Collection (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Figures! I waited for the Alec Guiness box set to be available (with the bonus The Captain's Paradise) but gave up and ordered the other four movies individually. My order shipped to me Friday and today I notice that DVDPriceSearch is showing the collection available now!
I guess I must have been snoozing when it was finally announced. :angry:
N

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Thanks for the heads-up. I wanted the box set as well. Guess I can pre-order it now! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I preordered this set from DDD - I don't think anyone else can touch their price on this one.

But it is funny - I looked several times at Anchor Bay's website, and could only find the individual titles. I couldn't find any mention of the box set at all. This being when all the stores were soliciting orders already!

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
This is rather weird! I emailed AB about this, but have not gotten a reply yet... .

a) No pictures of this box on the AB site

b) No pictures on ANY site

Does it REALLY come out? I would LOVE to have it, but AB isn't usually that late with putting out some pics of their box set releases. Has anyone actually SEEN this box?

Thank you,

Seb

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I've known about the box for months and months. My source for new releases, efilmcritic.com has it listed for instance. Anyway, I'm definitely getting the box, though I don't see a reason to pre-order:

DDD does not jack up their prices after the street date, and by not pre-ordering you can wait to find out about any deal breaking defects...

Ted

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I'm interested in this collection, and Best Buy just built a new store near me. I'm not too familiar with shopping there as they are new to the area...but is this a title you think they would carry, or am I better off pre-ordering online?

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Not sure what planet I was on when I said mine had shipped. I was confused with another order. I'm surprised no one questioned me considering these don't street until 9/10. So, I guess I do have a crack at the box set (if it really is coming out).

N

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Hehe, Neil, probably noone read what you wrote, hehe. ;) ;)
Anyway, thanks for that pic - and thank you, Anchorbay!!!
This box is exxxcellent!
Seb

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm interested in this collection, and Best Buy just built a new store near me. I'm not too familiar with shopping there as they are new to the area...but is this a title you think they would carry, or am I better off pre-ordering online?
Best Buy has a spotty track record as far as having catalogue releases out on street date. They might get it, they might not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks