What's new

Aiee! Major problem with Sony DVP-S570D--help? (1 Viewer)

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
hi all--
I just got back from a TV/DVD free three month trip and I am finally home, happy to be here despite the hot, humid Brooklyn weather.
to the point:
It might be the heat or humidity, but when I watch a DVD on my system, the colors fade and break apart. The whole pictures gets very muddy and brown, like some of the colors are not making it to the television. I am using the progressive scan outputs and it has worked fine going into my Toshiba-CZ32V51 component inputs. When i switch to S-Video, things work fine.
Has anyone seen this before? I am watching Men in Black, and the problem just happened--the yellows and reds kinda flipped out, and now the reds and browns are working, but the whole picture is now fluctuating in and out.
This problem is not limited to DVD playback--it happens on internal menus and startup screen as well. I am really bummed; I feel like it's the DVD player getting too hot and screwing up the outputs and my gut feeling makes me think the TV itself is fine--it's never exhibited this kind of behavior.
anyone:
- seen this before?
- have any advice?
- know where in the New York City area to get Sony products serviced?
thanks so much for your help...
switching to S-Video,
mike

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
hi--
sorry, I was using the component video outputs on the sony to componenet video inputs on the tv--obviously not progressive scan outputs!
-mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks