What's new

After ejecting DVD my XP still has it in memory! (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Lately I've been having trouble with my XP Media Center's DVD drive - the common problem of still thinking it has a DVD from earlier inside it even after I've ejected it and put in a second movie. I have to shut down and restart the computer each time I put in a different DVD if I want the new DVD to be recognized.

But even more oddly, most recently I discovered something else:

After ejecting a DVD, if I go back into the Media Center and Play, the old DVD comes up as if it was still inside the computer even though it isn't! The menus, the whole movie, is still there, even though the disc is back on my shelf.

I'm not sure what is causing this, or how to stop it. Any advice? Could this be something that Nero added to my computer? I don't have Nero running but maybe it is running something in the background?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Will:

I don't know anything about Nero other than it can copy CDs, etc. but it sounds to me like it is caching the DVD into your PC's buffer.

Do you have the option in Nero to turn off the caching of the DVD into your system memory?

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks