What's new

Advice Needed - Can the horizontal bow on my WEGA be corrected via the service menu? (1 Viewer)

Mitch_B

Grip
Hi,

This horizontal bowing problem (funhouse effect - whatever) is driving me crazy. Please post any solution(s), if they exist. I have played around in the service menu, but I can not seem to find anything to help.

The set is a KV-32FS13.

Thanks to all!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Mitch, it should be correctable in the service menu. May I ask exactly what you are seeing? When the set is in its 16:9 mode, is the bowing severe?

Mitch_B

Grip
A good example of this bowing is while watching the CNN ticker the words coming from right to left will bow up to a high point in the middle and then begin downwards toward the left side of the screen. Basically the horizontal line is not straight. Between an 1/8th and a 1/4 inch off of straight.

This is also visible on the top part of the screen and is seen while viewing DVD's in the 16:9 mode. I wish I could draw a picture for you.

I am familiar with the service mode, but have not been able to tweak this problem at all. I wonder if it is just inherent to the design of the flat tube. Very frustrating to spend $900 and not have straight horizontal lines.

I had a service guy come out through my Best Buy service plan, but he said he could not fix it. Then again he did not seem to know what NTSC is. Please let me know if something can be done. Thanks.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Mitch- I have the exact same problem on mine, except that mine seems slightly lower on BOTH sides. I even had it "repaired" under the warranty, but it made absolutely no difference. I'm hoping that Gregg Loewen (sp?) will be able to fix this when he calibrates my set in June. I agree that it's frustrating to pay $900 for a set and then see problems that you didn't have on a less expensive non-flat screen. Although I can live with it, I hope it can be resolved.

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks