What's new

Advent AV550S, crossover question (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
My my my, the goodies people get thier hands on....
Yes ~ this is a subwoofer plate amp designed to be mounted to the back of a subwofers box. As far as plate amps go, a very decent buy!
With the SVS you would probley want to build a seperate encloser to hold the amp and run it's speaker wires (one- pos and neg) to the SVS, as the plate amp is square and flat and the SVS is round. Hum-bummer there.
This amp is built for Advents largest sub by Bob Carver of Sunfire Tecnologies.
While the Sub itself is not much to brag about this AMP is pretty darn decent, and at 60.00 bucks well worth buying, though the problem dose exsit as to the mounting.
=========
Dose this mean it ignores anything below 40?
========
Just backwads of the way your thinking! :) The cross over allows you to adjust the freq at which you -want the (sub to play) and below. --------
(keeping the high and mids out)...
--------
~Allowing to help it blend with your mains, center and rears. Most likley 12-db slope, though guessing as this would normally be what is used mass market.
Tom or Ron might offer more as to useing this amp with thier subs.
In short I see no problem useing the -Advent Amp-,,, aside from what is stated above about mounting it.
Hope this helps,
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks