What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part II (1 Viewer)

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Hello Jeff:

Thanks for the advice on the Microphones for my karaoke (or rather, "DVD-(kara)oke") setup. Got some Radioshack unidirectional microphones, which were heftier and NOT wireless. Worked like a charm...

Eugene:
Of course, there will be lots of suggestions here by people who have watched the shows. Try some, as well as Chris Beveridge's wonderful site, and come back here to post your thoughts on what you watched. Half the fun of have a DVD or anime collection is introducing them to your friends...

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I finshed watching Bastard last week and I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed it.

For a short (6 episode) series, it was quite fun. Anyone who enjoys fantasy and wants a bit better animation that ROLW, I would recommend giving this short series a look.

Andy

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Todd,
Here is a snippet from www.animeondvd.com
Says it better than I could
Dark Schneider is the "Bastard!"! A lone warlock, freed from years of imprisonment, stands against an army of destruction bent on world conquest and the resurrection of an ancient evil. But Dark Schneider is not protecting the desperate people of Meta-Rikana out of the goodness of his heart. After all, they were the ones who imprisoned him for leading this same army against their city the first time! However, he's not about to let his old army, his old generals, and his ex-girlfriend show him up.
It is a nice series that does not take itself too seriously, yet at the same time provides a good story that is chaulk full of sword and sorcery.
My wife and I both enjoyed it as much as any other anime we have seen.
Andy

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
What's a good resource for buying non-Region 1 anime DVDs? I'm looking for the Hellsing Region-3 4-disc set but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I was reading about a Zone of the Enders anime movie that was coming out soon through ADV. Anyone see it and able to give any info about it? BTW, if not, could our resident ADV rep send me a free copy? :D

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the recommendations. I have .txt file on my computer which lists all of the anime which I am going to buy (I have about 187 animes listed which I will be buying).

I watched City Hunter: The Motion Picture on Nov 2, 2002. Good anime movie. The story plot was alos good. This movie also had me laughing alot espically when:

Kaori hits Ryo over the head with a mallet

I watched Vampire Hunter D several weeks ago on DVD. Vampire Hunter D was the first anime that I watched. It still as good as when I saw it on the Sci-fi channel. IMO, D is a very good vampire Hunter & Count Magus Lee is also a great vampire.

I saw the trailer for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust on my Vampire Hunter D Special Edition DVD & I am going to pick this anime up sometime in the near future.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I just finished watching the first couple episodes of Blue Gender. So far, it's pretty cool. I like the concept and what they've done with it.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Your text file of to buy reminds me of having to update my anime DVD profile. :frowning: God, I'm so behind...I've added some 50 DVDs since the last time I've updated. *sigh*
Anyway, I forgot to add, if you want more R2 goodies, and don't mind used, Yahoo Auctions Japan (auctions.yahoo.co.jp) has a lot of limited edition DVDs being sold. Of course, 1) the site is in Japanese, and 2) most, if not all, don't ship internationally, which is why you need to go through a third party to bid on it, like Celga.Com or this other group which I forget their name. Although the DVDs are primarily from Japan, there are also Chinese bootlegs thrown in there too, so be careful.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just finished Disc 1 of His and Her Circumstances and DAMN is this a great show... I cannot wait for the next disc :) Ya know, it is kind of weird... I am watching this an Evangelion at the same time and I cannot believe that the same person directed both of these series! They are both different and wonderful in their own ways :D

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
The currently release ZOE disc is the relatively standalone OVA of Idolo.

The TV series, Dolores, I, is slated for an 11/19/2002 release. I just reviewed that volume tonight in fact.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I remember reading that the ZOE OVA that is out (or coming out) was the original one that came with the game in Japan, and that the series they started after that was coming out on DVD afterwards.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Bill Harris:
Yes, picking up the first volume of Saikano with limited ed. box. Really gonna be sweet! Such a depressing series, ain't it? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks