What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part II (1 Viewer)

StevenA

Second Unit
I can't wait for His and Her Circumstances, but I'm forcing myself to wait anyway (!?) for the boxed set, in the hope they fix the subtitle problems with Vol. 1.
What is Saikano? Kong said it's depressing, so that has me interested already! :) (I'm not yet R2-capable, though, unfortunately. :frowning: )
And a big congrats to Chris on his brand new baby, as announced on animeondvd.com!

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Bill Harris:
Love your location!! I love Chobits! :) I'm collecting all of the R2 DVD (I'm up to volume 5 now, 3 more to go and have to send in for the ltd. ed. 9th volume!!!) :)
Also, great sig pic from Witch Hunter Robin. Character designer by the guy who did Gasaraki. Our club is currently showcasing WHR and it's quite interesting, although the first several episodes are capture/kill witch of the week, though.
StevenA:
Saikano is the shorter title of the full title saishuu heiki kanojo, which literally means My Girlfriend, the Ultimate Weapon or Gonzo (who does the anime production) entitles it She the Ultimate Weapon. This anime series is based off the 7 volume manga series (created/written/drawn by Takahashi Shin [Shin Takahashi for you Westerners]), about a teenage couple, Shuuji and Chise, and their romantic dating. However, there's one thing to note, Chise is a weapon of mass destruction... The story takes place in a suburb off of Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan. It's really a sweet and endearing drama and depressingly sad, that you wanna cry so badly because it's definitely heart-wrenching, because you care so much for Chise and Shuuji. Definitely a recommend for anybody interested.
Official site for Saikano can be found (in Japanese) at www.saikano.net for more information (that is, if you can read Japanese).
Luckily, Gonzo is releasing the R2 DVDs with English subs for those interested and can't wait to watch it (officially) and not have to wait for a domestic license for it.
If you ask me, it reminds me a little bit of hoshi no koe ("Voices of a Distant Star") OVA, which is kinda depressing too, IMHO.
StevenA, email me and I'll give you more help on it. :)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
JohnAD,

Thanks for the link. I would love to see an all anime channel become reality. There are lots of anime which I haven't seen & I would watch the channel to finally be able to see those shows/movies.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
pokes head around corner...
"Eh? An all anime channel? That would be so cool. Can I get a Woo-Hoo? No...not a Woo-Jae...a Woo-Hoo!!!"
:D
seriously though, this would be pretty cool. would they show "first run" type anime do you think?
btw - i had the 'band of brothers' dvd set in one hand...the 'gasaraki' dvd set in the other hand. unfortunately gasaraki lost this round. :b boo on ted!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Umm...didn't Manga start an all-anime channel on satellite TV called Sputnik 7 or something like that?

Anywho, putting [good] anime on TV is always good. We might get to see NGE on TV every day!

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
Kong: The anime club im in , which is just some friends who dig anime just finished Chobits. GREAT series. We are just starting Witch Hunter Robin , so the picture is my Now Watching sign :).

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
There's not many that databases anime resource guides out there. There used to be when anime was in a neophytic stage and we had to categorize anime and episodes and all that, but I think that's pretty much defunct now.

Although I think someone should start that up

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Well, folks, I just started Martian Successor: Nadesico and it is a fun series. Great personalities and some good character design make this a fun romp (So far.) Sadly, it does not yet compare to one of my favorite Sci-fi comedy romp called Irresponsible Captain Tylor for wackiness and zaniness (among a great varied cast.)
Will let you know how it goes...

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Woo:
I found Martian Successor: Nadesico to be a pretty fun series, but somewhat lacking. The whole Gekiganger III bit (which you'll get to soon enough) is hilarious, though.
I just got done watching the third disk of Betterman. Is anyone else wondering what the heck the beginning video has to do with this? Maybe I'm just missing something.
John.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Gai!!!! LOL

It is and was fun. It's pretty fun to see an anime within an anime.

I have getter robo: Armageddon, and seeing Gekiganger III in Nadesico reminded me an awful lot of the little I saw of that series (saw 1/2 the first disc. Disjointed series... presumes you have a general idea of the prior series to begin with.)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I am as giddy as a school girl.

I just received my Star Blazers Comet Empire Box Set.

I can't wait to revisit this as it is sure to bring back some great memories of childhood.

Andy

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
ANime doesn't really need episode guides, as 99% of series are either 13,26 or 52 episodes

Gundam series are typically 49. Why this is I dunno

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Woo:
Shin Getter Robo expects you to have seen the first TWO previous series: Getter Robo and Getter Robo G.
But you can find info on these previous two series to get you all caught up with the new one.
Todd:
It's always good to make a site where we can input story plots and other stuff, in case people don't want to just read reviews...because reviews are not enough to see if you enjoy the show, but if you read an unbiased, factual point-by-point plot of each episode, it will give you an good general gist if the show is viewable or not...unless you're talking about on the whole rather than individual eps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks