What's new

Adult Swim: Eltingville Club (1 Viewer)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Funniest show I've seen in a long time. It wouldn't be so funny if I couldn't relate to the "culture" being so accurately depicted, much of which I see right here in HTF every day. (You know who you are.)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Haven't watched this off the Tivo yet, but I have the original comic (Instant Piano) containing the short story this pilot was taken from.

It is damned funny.

12 inch Boba Fett!

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know -- it was much better than 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force', but the thing that bothered me was that ALL of the humour was based on geek trivia. It's completely based on the 'I know that reference!' self-gratification level.
That stuff is funny, as the Simpsons, MST3K and Space Ghost etc. prove -- but those shows can also be funny by themselves without the geek humor.
Unless the 'Eltingville Club' broadens its scope a bit, I fear it will get very tired very soon!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i knew many people here (including myself) would be able to "relate" on one level or another with this show.
i did find it humorous and the animation style was pretty cool. i thought the trivia-off was totally funny...can't believe they busted out the wave-gun from starblazers! :)
i'll definitely keep an eye on the show to see how it pans out.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know when/if this is being rerun? I love the original comics and I'm curious to see how it plays out with all the profanity taken out of it :)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
They were heavily promoting a wacked out version of the Jetsons next week. And the schedule (thanks for the link) says "Spumco's Ranger Smith & Booboo". It looks like Spumco is doing the Jetsons too, I'm not quite a connoisseur of animation but the unflattering exaggerated caricature style looks familiar.

I think it's funny how AOL/TW allows Cartoon Network to take liberties with the old school characters. Those Superfriends commercials (at the theater, on the airplane, and the one with the Powerpuff Girls telling Wonder Woman "Someday we'll be as developed as you are") are hilarious. And then there's Aquaman dancing lewdly in front of a field of cattle or a grocery store aisle or a drive-thru menu sign.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
While the show was kinda funny, I would much rather prefer that they extend Adult Swim to several nights a week and keep the others shows on, too. I have yet to see another episode of Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law (still won't see Johnny Quest the same again) and I'm getting annoyed by their whacked out scheduling. Why not make Adult Swim every night? If kids aren't going to stay up on Sunday night and watch it (the point of putting it on Sunday was so kids wouldn't see it), why would they stay up Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night? Saturday night is now anime stuff, and Thursday already has AS.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
AAAGGGHGHHHHHHH!!!!

I've been waiting FOREVER for this pilot to be finished, and now I come online to hear it aired LAST NIGHT and it's not scheduled to AIR AGAIN?!!

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Very funny. This was the first time that I had watched Adult Swim in a insanly long amount of time but this show was worth it. Was flipping channels and I said hmm this looks interesting. I was glad to see the Dawn of the Dead reference to. Pretty damn cool. When is the next episode going to air?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks