What's new

Adding Polks to existing Paradigm set up...need suggestions. (1 Viewer)

Gruson

Second Unit
Alright, my main speakers are Paradigm (Studio 40s and the Center is the Studio CC).
Now, I can get a pair of Polk RT55s for $120 through a friend. I was planning on using these as my rears.
Would the Polks sound good with the Paradigms? Or should I save more money and buy some more Paradigm 40s?
Thanks guys,
JW
------------------
Equipment:
Mitsubishi 65907 65" HDTV ISFd Steve Martin
Yamaha RX-V1000 6.1
Paradigm PW2200
Paradigm Studio CC
Paradigm Studio 40s
CV LS-15s
CV LS-8s
Toshiba 6200 Progressive
Pioneer CLD704 LD
Aura Bass Shakers
1080i DirecTV

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Ultimately you'll be better off with matching speakers, so keep the 40s in mind for the future. But for a meagre $120 by the Polks to use in the interim, then sell them on eBay once you're done. At least that's how I would play it.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

JohanK

Second Unit
I would buy the Polks. You can use them as rears for now and maybe in the bedroom if you replace them later (or sell them later). IMO, rears need not be a great match when watching movies on DVD.
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks