What's new

About to order new computer.... (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, I'm about to order my new Dell 2350 off of their website . I scrapped the idea of getting a Celeron processor after finding I could get a P4 2.2GHZ in my price range. Anyone want to advise me from getting a Dell though? The one I'm looking at is nice with a CD/DVD burner, Win XP home and 256MB.Will 256 MB suffice for Win XP? I have to order tonight to take advantage of the deals they are offering. Will my current moniter work with this PC? thanks.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I assume you're talking about the configuration right off their Home systems page. The rebate is for "this ONLINE configuration only". I don't see an option to drop the monitor (and am not sure it would be worth giving up the $100 to do so).

It looks like that model has three PCI slots, no AGP slots, and no free drive bays (except the one for a floppy drive).

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I decide to go and order it. I scrapped the monitor to save some money and will just have to skip the rebate. I did take advantage of the free 256 MB memory upgrade as well as the CD-R/DVD-R/+RW burner upgrade. All in all I will get a good deal on this, and I'm pretty happy with the specs on the machine. I don't play computer games so intesive graphics chips and all that other stuff is not a huge issue to me.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
If you want more memory later don't buy it from dell. Their memory prices are horrible. Just get it from crucial.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks