What's new

About my Sony DVP 9000ES disc tray problem (1 Viewer)

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
I posted a week ago (or so) regarding my Sony DVP 9000ES's disc tray being a bit "lazy"... I mean not treading out properly when I eject a disc. Almost completely out, it stops ejecting, then the sensing mechanism pulls the tray back in again!
First, I thought that happens all the time. Now I figured that it only occurs while the player hasn't warmed up yet (from long standby). Well it was easy to figure this out as the player runs pretty warm (even warmer than my Sony ES amp!) after being turned on for a few minutes.
Any ideas why this happens? This never happened until about half a year from purchase date.
I'm still trying to find a quick (but working) solution, as I'm gonna miss watching movies if I send the unit in for repair for two weeks or so. :D
Thanks.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
My DVP-9000ES has always worked flawlessly. It also runs cool. I suggest you get it serviced ASAP. Sacrifice is tough, but just think how happy you'll be once you get it back!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Arnel, the same thing happened with my Sony MDS-JA555ES minidisc player. I'm sure the drawer mechanisms are different in some respects between the 'S9000ES and 'JA555ES, but the behavior is surprisingly similar. Take the 'S9000ES in for repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks