What's new

A literal cat burglar. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I got the below off the news wire; it's a non-copyrighted story, so it can be pasted here in its brief entirety. Other than my distaste for the word "owner" when referring to a feline's human guardian, I thought it amusing:
The city of Woodland has a new breed of cat burglar.
A normal feline by day, Lucy the cat goes prowling at night - and returns with stolen shoes.
Her owner, Ron Liles, said that about two years ago he started finding pairs of shoes at his front door. Lately, the sticky-pawed feline has been covering more territory. Liles said when Lucy first began stealing shoes, it was from just two doors down. Recent catches came from five doors down.
“So many shoes, so little time,” Liles joked.
One time, Lucy brought back a size 12 boot. “It’s bigger than she is,” he said.
Liles said he leaves the ill-gotten shoes on top of his mailbox. “Now all the neighbors know it’s the cat [when their things disappear],” he said.
But shoes are not all Lucy steals. One time, Liles’ brother stayed over and set his wedding ring on a dresser. It wasn’t long before Lucy hid it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
We had a dog (a basset hound) who liked to bury things. Socks were the usual candidates, but he had taken to fetching things off the kitchen counter. My sister's wallet was missing for three days, until it was discovered buried in the garden. Later, I had bought a brand new 3" hole saw (cuts 3" holes, go figure), and when I went to use it it was nowhere to be found. I searched for days for that thing, only to discover it under a clump of dirt in the back 40. Why he figured a metal tool was worth stealing I'll never know....

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Yes, it hilarious how cat owners just let their cats have the run of the neighborhood and take no responsibility for their actions. :rolleyes:
If I found that cat stealing things out of my yard, the next day it would be in a pound three towns over!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Great sense of humor, Jesse: Lucy the cat is a source of laughs for that neighborhood in Woodland, CA--else, the story wouldn't have been written. And that's all this little thread was intended for: a laugh. Thanks for your fun contribution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.