What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

markonesmile

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I saw a wonderful interview with Bob Hoskins once who was originally cast as Al Capone. DePalma was honest with him and said they were really after De Niro but would he mind being stand by. When they did get De Niro, being more expensive and also paying off Hoskins the original shoot-out on the train was abandoned. Hoskins said he was at home eating his breakfast when the pay-off cheque came through. He was astonished to be paid so he rung up De Palma saying, "Have you got any more films you don't want me to do?" Not sure how true this is, but it's a great story.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
To quote Clint Eastwood, I had to look it up.

So the Eisenstein reference refers to a film he did according to this article below. It refers to Battleship Potemkin, I’ve not seen this.

Your education in film is incomplete if you haven't seen Battleship Potemkin! Available on Blu-ray from Kino.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
The nice thing about running a Plex server (if you can live with the side effect of being a freaking crazy person to go through the effort in the first place) is that you can choose what poster art displays for each film. I’ve went in and manually changed just about everything to the original theatrical one sheets.
This * 1000.

I recently did the covers to all the Star Wars movies using the ones available with individual characters and small lettering.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The score is just so good it’s unbelievable. I had the original issue years ago and then got the deluxe version which remains one of my favorite soundtrack albums.
Yes Ennio Morricone's score for this film is excellent and really drives home the emotional impact of the major character deaths.

Real Name
steven alejandro
I was a projectionist when this first came out and remember running it in 35MM. Generally speaking projectionists usually just thread the film, start it make sure it's all good and then saunter off and forget it (if you are running the platter system where all reels are cut together to run as one long feature) until it runs to its end. But I remember this was one film I would pull up the stool and sit next to the projector, watch through the window and listen through the tinny monitor.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I was a projectionist when this first came out and remember running it in 35MM. Generally speaking projectionists usually just thread the film, start it make sure it's all good and then saunter off and forget it (if you are running the platter system where all reels are cut together to run as one long feature) until it runs to its end. But I remember this was one film I would pull up the stool and sit next to the projector, watch through the window and listen through the tinny monitor.
Welcome aboard!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm hopeful that Paramount issues this on 4K UHD with Dolby Vision sooner rather than later. 2022 is the 35th anniversary, so this year would be ideal.

IF Vudu's apparently new offering of this in 4K digital is any indication, maybe it is indeed coming (very soon)? Of course, Paramount sometimes only releases a new BD, not 4K disc, alongside its releases in 4K digital...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Com'on, Paramount! Please announce the 4K disc release already! Some of us gots dem ants in our pants, LOL! :D

_Man_

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Last night's Book of Boba Fett had a scene reminiscent of The Untouchables if you want to see something in 4K/Dolby Vision right now. ;)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Last night's Book of Boba Fett had a scene reminiscent of The Untouchables if you want to see something in 4K/Dolby Vision right now. ;)

Ha! And I just finally restarted our family's subscription of Disney+ too! Niiice!!! :D:cool:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks