What's new

A Few Words About A few words about…™ The Alienist - Angel of Darkness – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Based upon the novel by Caleb Carr, the second season of The Alienist - Angel of Darkness continues the tale of a private detective in 1897 Manhattan with a twist. The detective is Sarah Howard, played by Dakota Fanning.

An interesting series, that while not particularly well reviewed, caught my interest based upon production design, off-beat situations and occasionally glistening noir-like cobblestone streets. It's difficult not to get caught up a strange
opening sequence in which Ms Fanning races through the streets of Manhattan in a carriage, presumably breaking the speed limit, and shocking pedestrians. Actually, she was sending pedestrians running on an outdoor set in Hungary.

I viewed the first episode of the second season on DVD, due to Covid delays, the Blu-ray is not yet available.

But even on DVD, the imagery shines, and certain things become obvious. In projection, the only real deficits via DVD are titles, which are obviously soft when enlarged. But I know that they'll work beautifully in HD.

Image – To be confirmed

Audio – 5 (5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks