What's new

Alberto_D

BANNED
I wasn't a fan of lost, but many people and some articles pointed many inconsistences, and the finale didn't explain anything. That was what most people who watched this series told me.

What examples of that where there on Lost?

First Class did not fit, and Logan probably not.

Um, sorry? Without talking about the merits of each film, the X universe has been remarkable consistent with the actors playing each main part.

Jackman has been Wolverine in every single X film to date (17 years, 8 movies). Patrick Stewart has been in nearly all the films. Sure, First Class, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse used new actors as the young characters, but isn't that expected?

Besides, the movies can't reverse or stop aging. Of course the actors get older and that has to be taken into account. For heaven sakes, the first X-Men movie came out when I was in college...and I'm a year away from 40 now. You've got to have some grace about this.

Watching Days of Future Past, I knew it was the last time I'd be seeing the X-Men who introduced me to the franchise in the movies. Watching Logan, I felt a sense of loss. I never really found Wolverine to be compelling, but Jackman and Stewart together are gold. It's the end of an era for me. But I know it has to end.

Same with Spider-Man. Tobey will always be my Spider-Man and Andrew Garfield a minor fill in. Tom Holland? I enjoy him and like what he's doing...but he's not "mine," if that makes sense.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
The editor's cut of Spider-Man 3 must be an improvement because I only yelled at my T.V. once when viewing it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You have to be a bit more specific. How do neither of those fit?

I just watched Logan last week for the first time. It takes place in the future, past almost everything we've seen. It includes the original Wolverine and Professor X actors. It doesn't show Xavier's meltdown and the subsequent events, but it does talk about them. Jackman and Stewart were both appropriately aged with makeup and acting.

First Class: it's been a while for this one but again, what doesn't fit? Those actors playing the young characters all remained constant from film to film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't a fan of lost, but many people and some articles pointed many inconsistences, and the finale didn't explain anything. That was what most people who watched this series told me.
That is definitely the urban legend about the finale of Lost but it's incorrect. The major questions of the series had been answered prior to the finale so that episode was about completing the stories of the characters rather than saying where the polar bears came from (which had been answered years prior).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks