What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Cold Pursuit -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Liam Neeson, God bless 'em, has done 147 films in which he plays the outraged father, whose daughter, wife, best friend has been kidnapped, harmed, whatever.

No need to watch more than 140 of them, although the other 7 can still be entertaining.

Cold Pursuit finally leaves that concept for a new one.

Non-highly trained guy in same situation, only now he's a snow plow driver in Colorado, and he's pissed.

The interesting thing here, is that Mr. Neeson plays the film in totally serious mode, as he would any other. And it works here.

But it's not.

Serious, that is.

At least to my eye, this is a terrific, extremely dark comedy. Possibly even more dark than that.

Think Coen dark.

And I loved it.

This is another 2k up-rez from Lionsgate, and it looks terrific. Not a problem in sight. Audio takes gentle advantage of Dolby Atmos.

The film is a domestic remake of the director Hans Petter Moland's own 2014 Norwegian production, Kraftidioten (In Order of Disappearance) starring Stellan Skarsgard and Bruno Ganz. I knew this film seemed familiar.

The film has a nice feature spot for Michael Richardson, son of Mr. Neeson and Natasha Richardson. Lot of family history here. He'll be interesting to watch, as his career progresses.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Added resolution via 4k - Doubtful

Recommended

RAH

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks