What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Although I had seen Get Carter back in 1971, I didn't realize that I was viewing the same filmmaker's work when, a dozen years later, I saw Missing Pieces on television.

Mike Hodges, who is responsible for these works, in addition to The Terminal Man, Omen 2 and Crupier, which also stars I'll Sleep's Clive Own, has created a wonder modern (color) film noir set in the shadowed, yet beautifully lit streets in England.

This is a tale of revenge, but isn't a simple tale. One is left to discover who the characters are and why they do what they do. The film forces the viewer to think.

At times it had me thinking of The Limey; at others Cat Ballou --

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead is one of those little films which can easily get lost in the high powered world of DVD between any number of mega-hits.

And that would be a pity.

The film delivers and comes recommended from these quarters.

RAH

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I actually did pay to see this movie in the Theatre and did pre-order it with Columbia House. It is a very good Noir(ish) thriller.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Didn't you think the ending was TERRIBLE?

Kate*H

Agent
I liked it actually, it left things up in the air for you to decide yourself.
Personally, I think he left the woman at her house to get murdered and got the hell out of dodge

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks