What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Wizard of Oz -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by Mark-P

Douglas, I'm guessing you haven't looked at "Dreamer of Oz" on this blu-ray. Trust me, Seasons 1 and 2 of Star Trek: The Next Generation look like high definition by comparison.
No I have to admit I haven't seen Dreamer of Oz on the blu-ray. The discription just sounded like what you see in the early years of TV edited on video. The uprez of the Trials and Tribulations episode of DS9 on the TOS second season blu-ray looks like garbage.

Doug

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
Anyone know who produced the "Prettier Than Ever: The Restoration of Oz" featurette? I'm writing a thesis on digital film restoration and I'm planning to use this featurette as one of my sources. That's why it would be good to know who produced it.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
First of all let me say that The Wizard of Oz on blu-ray is a marvel and everyone should buy a copy. My so-called “complaints” about The Dreamer of Oz are simply out of curiosity as to the reason for its poor quality and by all means NOT a call to arms against Warner. As the picture shimmers with what looks like poor reception, and has video drop-outs like when a VHS tape has been played so many times that the oxide particles are wearing off, I can guarantee you that this is not the master broadcast tape from 1990. May I speculate as to what might have happened? Warner Legal Department: Guess what guys? We just acquired the rights to include “The Dreamer of Oz” on the blu-ray! Warner Home Video: Terrific! Add that to the press release. A week later… A sad-faced young lackey from materials: Bad news fellas, Entity X can’t locate the master tapes for “The Dreamer of Oz” Or Bad news fellas, Entity X refuses to hand over the master tapes for “The Dreamer of Oz.” Warner Home Video: WHAT??? But, but, but… We’ve already announced it! We can’t take it back now! Somebody has to have a recording of this somewhere. Find one!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You could be the proverbial "private collector" who could loan your rare "good condition" item to the studio for the purpose of making a new "dub master" for inclusion on some future release!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Yes, its too bad this person who has three copies of the full print of a Star Is Born - (according to Joe Caps) could not loan one of them to WB without the legal problems that would occur.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I didn't either Johnny...until I went over and read a six page thread in software about a 6k resolution transfer of A Star is Born.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks