What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Vincent Price Collection II -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Man, didn't expect to like Comedy of Errors as much as I did. Not only that it was very funny, but there was a very good mix of comedy and genuine horror/thriller elements within. The direction was also curiously well done and noteworthy. Not the most sophisticated comedy ever, but well crafted nonetheless.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
After watching this release, I am really hoping that another will follows....Nicely done.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No sooner did I pick up the wonderful Vincent Price Collection II on BD from the Scream Factory when I now read about an Arrow collection (Vincent Price in Six Gothic Tales) coming out December 8 and including all the Poe films* from the two Scream collections, but with a ton more extras. WTF?!!

So of course it's Region B only. Grrrr!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15495

* (The Fall of the House of Usher, Tales of Terror, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Raven, The Haunted Palace and The Tomb of Ligeia)

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Well Scream have Arrow beat on films but yes, the extras are a particular stand out for this release. Of particular note are Harun Farocki's The Two Faces of Peter Lorre and the 200 page book, which includes full reproductions of 1960s tie-in comic books for Tales of Terror, The Raven and The Tomb of Ligeia!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I was thinking of buying the Arrow box, but I only want two more Corman films, Tales Of Terror & The Raven, so I'll wait for the individual releases early next year. I have the Arrow, Pit & The Pendulum & the German, Masque Of The Red Death & The Haunted Palace.

It's so great to see these films looking so good, & in 'scope after years of seeing them in 4x3 on the telly.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Tales of Terror is an all-new blu-ray that wasn't in either Scream Factory set.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
JoHud said:
Man, didn't expect to like Comedy of Errors as much as I did. Not only that it was very funny, but there was a very good mix of comedy and genuine horror/thriller elements within. The direction was also curiously well done and noteworthy. Not the most sophisticated comedy ever, but well crafted nonetheless.
The director was the great Jacques Tourneur, he of CAT PEOPLE, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, OUT OF THE PAST, and NIGHT OF THE DEMON/CURSE OF THE DEMON, among many other films of all genres. He ended his career with American International for some reason - he also directed Vincent Price in WAR-GODS OF THE DEEP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks