What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Run Silent, Run Deep -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

I don't know if someone at Kino Lorber is referencing masters before they accept them for release, but something is generally going right.

Run Silent, Run Deep, directed by Robert Wise, and released in 1958 is one of those wonderful purchases for completists, like myself.

In a single release, we have captured on one of those tiny silvery discs, the work of not only Mr. Wise, but Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster in the leads, photographed by Russell Harlan (To Kill a Mockingbird, Ruby Gentry, The Thing, Red River) and with a score by Franz Waxman.

Some built-in dupes and stock footage aside, this is spectacular looking Blu-ray, with rich deep blacks, clear whites, a great gray scale, and proper grain structure.

With the exception of occasional bits of detritus, there's not a problem in sight.

Wonderful film, and a very nice release from KL via MGM.

Image - 4.25

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Watched this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was one of the best KL Studio Classics discs I've gotten so far. Excellent quality. And of course, a great film to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks