Target has it in store for $16.

What’s it going for at Walmart?

Reactions: PMF

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Grease fans in the NY metro area may be interested to know that director Randal Kleiser and eight members of the cast are going to be appearing this weekend at the Chiller Theatre Expo at the Parsippany Hilton in New Jersey. The cast members are Dinah Manoff, Didi Conn, Edd Byrnes, Barry Pearl, Jamie Donnelly, Susan Buckner, Eddie Deezen, and Lorenzo Lamas.

More info can be found here: Chiller Theatre Guest List

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Grease fans in the NY metro area may be interested to know that director Randal Kleiser and eight members of the cast are going to be appearing this weekend at the Chiller Theatre Expo at the Parsippany Hilton in New Jersey. The cast members are Dinah Manoff, Didi Conn, Edd Byrnes, Barry Pearl, Jamie Donnelly, Susan Buckner, Eddie Deezen, and Lorenzo Lamas.

More info can be found here: Chiller Theatre Guest List

Speaking of Eddie Deezen - here's my interview with him about the 40th Anniversary: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...-eddie-deezen-grease-40th-anniversary.357114/
HTF_Interview_Eddie_Deezen.png

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I went to the nearest Target store this morning hoping to nab this deal, but it wasn't to be. The store had no 4K discs on the shelf, the price was still listed as $24.99 in the empty spot where the discs should have been, and there was no cell coverage in the store, so the Target app wouldn't display the cartwheel discount. Three strikes and I was out -- and placed an order via Amazon in the store's parking lot (their price dropped to $19.99).

This is why I hate shopping in brick and mortar stores. I wasted time and gasoline, and came home with nothing. :(
Old skool - but U can print out the cartwheel codes before going to the store ... lest this happen again ;) ...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Old skool - but U can print out the cartwheel codes before going to the store ... lest this happen again ;) ...

Not only that but they also have price checkers all over the store.

The shelf tag is likely $25 in all stores this appears to be an unadvertised deal.

$17 out the door for me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Happy to see that my iTunes copy was upgraded to 4K free of charge. :thumbsup:

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So I just watched it. Full disclosure, I purposely stayed away from looking at the screen caps for the error. So without knowing exactly what I was looking for, I did not notice anything out of place. Which is good for me, I will just make sure to never look at the screencap for fear I'll fixate on it if I ever do see it! :D

I thought it looked and sounded fantastic, just my initial impressions. No, it's no RAH-restoration scanned at 8K then downrezzed to 4K, but it's easily the best the film has ever looked and sounded on home video.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
Unfortunately they left in the mistake at 1:43:43, but it looks and sounds as it should. It only took 40 years but they finally got it right. It is pretty soft throughout but it’s probably very true to the original negative without edge enhancing.

Dave MJ

Second Unit
While it is definitely the best it has looked on home video, there is quite a bit of "grain management" going on in some places. It's not consistent, but it's there in varying levels, and that is a bit disappointing. Especially since many scenes look fantastic. Add that to the soft photography in places and you get some waxy faces in a few shots. The new blu of Grease 2 has a surprisingly natural, unprocessed look with a nice sheen of grain. Grease should have consistently gotten the same treatment. Overall it's still a very nice looking transfer, I just wish the DNR had been lighter in some places.

The colors in Dolby Vision are excellent and very true to the original film IMO. The blu-ray is a bit too bright and hot. The restored sound is a revelation, with great dynamics and a huge soundstage. It's a real treat and a welcome improvement over the dismal 1998 remix.

Last edited:

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I finally had a chance to watch this tonight - 110" projected. IMHO a big improvement over the previous blu, especially the sound. That being said, the sound seems a bit bright and while the color is gorgeous it does not look like film to my eye. Pretty, but not like film. IMHO.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Caved and bought this at Target since it was cheap, and found another bit of revisionism- the jukebox in the diner, where the boom mic was reflected, has been CG'd over so the reflection doesn't show. It looks painted in however. The new Pepsi signs still look CG'd also.

I'll have to re-watch the first DVD release and compare the sound to see what's so bad about it, as I've enjoyed that mix for what it is. Aside from that and the newer Paramount logos, it's still truer to the original release than this is.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There are also some Coke signs still left in the scene, but they are outside the acceptable depth of field so they were always blurry.

I have wondered whether the fact that they once owned another studio, one they didn't own in 1978, plays into this at all. Of course, that would have changed Dr. Strangelove a bit…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks