What's new

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
???? What do you think the selling point of iPhone X released 2 years ago up thru the new iPhone 11 Pro is? They all have OLED screens that records in 4K and streams and shows HDR!. Not wasting anymore time trying to explain what Apple does and doesn’t do to someone who OBVIOUSLY doesn’t know.

Yes Godzilla arrived with only a HD copy but I don’t really care ( though I still get 4K with other studios) as the movie sucked beyond words. A total let down to the previous one. No one cares about implausible family drama in a Godzilla movie. And the 3D was barely noticeable and it’s always rainy or snowing when the monsters show up. Almost as bad as the Mathew Boroderick version.
My iPhone 11 pro max arrives tomorrow and can’t wait to watch all the streaming 4K content w HDR that you laughably think I can’t
Noel
My X has OLED? News to me.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Noel is correct here, Mark.

You can absolutely stream iTunes 4K HDR content on those devices. You just can't download an iTunes 4K file.

Not according to Apple. See:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207949

Specifically:

i-TDsKrtf.jpg

iPhones can't stream 4K. HDR, yes. 4K, no.

iPad Pros can stream 4K HDR but ONLY when connected to a 4K TV.

Perhaps the newest iPhones can stream 4K HDR when connected to a 4K TV? But the stream you watch on the device itself is not 4K.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
My iPhone 11 pro max arrives tomorrow and can’t wait to watch all the streaming 4K content w HDR that you laughably think I can’t
Noel

The iPhone 11 Pro Max has a resolution of 2688 x 1242. 4K resolution is 3840 x 2160. The iPhone 11 Pro Max does not have enough resolution to display a true 4K stream.

Mark

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
It streams in 4K but displays in Mobile HDR which is better than HD.
“With a 2.7K Higher Resolution Full HD+ display, iPhone XS Max has a resolution of 2688×1242 pixels at 458 pixels per inch. That’s 3.3 Mega Pixels, giving it 61% more pixels than the HDTV in your living room. The screen Mobile HDR, allowing it to play 4K HDR content created for 4K UHD TVs.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cu...-boasts-the-best-smartphone-display-ever/amp/

Done
Over and out.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
iPhones can't stream 4K. HDR, yes. 4K, no

Just to clarify what I meant by my post as I don't think I worded it well - you can stream 4K content on those devices, meaning you can watch 4K content you own, but as you said you will not be seeing it in that resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks