What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Cuba -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
One might not suspect that Richard Lester's Cuba, has a slightly wacky aura similar to his Beatles films, but in a very odd way. The question one might ask could be is that by design, or was control lost during the shoot. Was it meant to be taken seriously?

It's an odd one, that hasn't blossomed into anything better with the passage of time.

The cinematography by David Watkin is still beautiful, and translates nicely to Kino's new Blu-ray, but I can think of far more interesting films with which to spend two hours of one's life.

As a Blu-ray, it's a quality affair on all levels, so if you're a Lester or Connery completist, you should be aware that it's a safe purchase.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4.5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I am a Connery fan and I like Cuba a lot. I think it's underrated. As this disc is a high-quality product, I'll upgrade from my DVD.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
One of very few Connery films I have not seen but the MGM HD channel has been showing it so I will have to dvr it and watch it before I buy this Blu-ray or not.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
One might not suspect that Richard Lester's Cuba, has a slightly wacky aura similar to his Beatles films, but in a very odd way. The question one might ask could be is that by design, or was control lost during the shoot. Was it meant to be taken seriously?

It's an odd one, that hasn't blossomed into anything better with the passage of time.

The cinematography by David Watkin is still beautiful, and translates nicely to Kino's new Blu-ray, but I can think of far more interesting films with which to spend two hours of one's life.

As a Blu-ray, it's a quality affair on all levels, so if you're a Lester or Connery completist, you should be aware that it's a safe purchase.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4.5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Any news on whether it has English Sub-titles.....??????.........I somehow doubt it as Kino Lorber are not really interested in adding them to their releases....... only occasionally.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks