What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Atomic Blonde -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
David Leitch's Atomic Blonde is a huge chase film, having ties to the old spy vs. spy concept from the '60s, along with a wonderfully Hitchcockian Maguffin - known to viewers as "The List."

The always lovely (am I permitted to say that?) Charlize Theron is the Blonde, and she's about as dangerous and manipulative as they come. It might be interesting to see her on a blind date from Mr. Wick, just to see where things go, and possibly, who might survive the event.

Gorgeously imagery, all beautifully shot by Jonathan Sela, who interesting, also shot the first John Wick, and superb audio offered here in DTS:X.

Universal presents the film in Dolby Vision, for those who can run it. Albeit derived from a 2k DI, it's beautiful in 4k, with HDR adding a bit of snap. The colors, remind me in a certain way of Neon Demon.

With lots of running, jumping, and very occasionally standing still, the film is fun, albeit beautifully mounted, brainless fare.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS:X)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David Leitch knows how to direct action scenes with an impressive resume including John Wick. A very entertaining film that I'm looking to revisit on 4K/UHD disc.

Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

The always lovely (am I permitted to say that?) Charlize Theron
Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder ...
images
;)

Alberto_D

BANNED
Last edited:

Brian9229

Rushman
Real Name
Brian
I loved this film. What a brilliant ending too! I absolutely loved the look of the film as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks