What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Wall Street -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As part of the Fox Filmmakers Signature Series, Wall Street is another great selection.

Oliver Stone's powerful film is another in the series that is beautifully presented on Blu-ray. Originally released on Blu in February of 2008, this seems to be the only re-issue in the series.

Image and audio quality are both superb, and I've a feeling that we're going to be seeing a lot of 10s coming in the series when it comes to total scores.

Grain, which is heavily present in some darker indoor sequences, and is correct, is beautifully rendered, for a true cinema-like appearance. Color, densities, shadow detail track perfectly.

For those who haven't yet seen Wall Street, you're in for a treat.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

I'm a bit confused about pricing on this title, as Amazon lists it as available for $32, while Deep Discount shows a list of $25, and a street of under $17.

Worth the price of admission at that number?

Absolutely.

Very Highly Recommended

RAH

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Robert Harris said:
I'm a bit confused about pricing on this title, as Amazon lists it as available for $32, while Deep Discount shows a list of $25, and a street of under $17.
For those with normal incomes, it is always advisable to compare prices from the various etailers. Across the board, no etailer is consistently cheaper than the others.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Reed Grele /t/324083/a-few-words-about-wall-street-in-blu-ray#post_3981351
Is this a different transfer from the BD released on February 5, 2008?

Yes, Fox did some further work for this latest BD release.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Robert Harris said:
Originally released on Blu in February of 2008, this seems to be the only re-issue in the series.
The French Connection remaster is also part of this series. (The one that isn't "pastel" anymore.)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by JoshZ /t/324083/a-few-words-about-wall-street-in-blu-ray#post_3981373
The French Connection remaster is also part of this series. (The one that isn't "pastel" anymore.)
Josh,

It was never pastel. It was hi-con with red tracers.

As I noted originally, "an interesting experiment."

RAH

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Robert Harris said:
It was never pastel.  It was  hi-con with red tracers.
As I noted originally, "an interesting experiment."
I put "pastel" in scare-quotes because that's the term that William Friedkin used for it in the commentary and supplements on that disgrace of a disc. The Filmmakers Signature Series re-release has normal colors (well, except for the teal push).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks