What's new

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
No matter how many times I see this movie, I still can't believe that it's not Geena Davis in makeup for "Older Dottie".

Crap on a cracker - it looks so much like her!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
No matter how many times I see this movie, I still can't believe that it's not Geena Davis in makeup for "Older Dottie".

Crap on a cracker - it looks so much like her!

Right? My wife and I watched it last night and I'd forgotten how closely she resembles Geena Davis. And, what a great film!!! Maybe Tom Hanks' best role IMO. The 4K disc looks fabulous.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Right? My wife and I watched it last night and I'd forgotten how closely she resembles Gina Davis. And, what a great film!!! Maybe Tom Hanks' best role IMO. The 4K disc looks fabulous.

Lynn Cartwright

Attachments

• 1593390463799.jpeg
    1593390463799.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 92

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Right? My wife and I watched it last night and I'd forgotten how closely she resembles Gina Davis.

It probably helps the illusion that Davis looped "Older Dottie's" lines, but even without that, the resemblance is stunning.

"Older Kit" looks a lot like Lori Petty as well - almost as close as Cartwright/Davis!

And, what a great film!!! Maybe Tom Hanks' best role IMO. The 4K disc looks fabulous.

It really is a delightful movie. It could've been syrupy mush but it has too much comedic edge to fall into the mawkish sentimentality that could've cursed it.

And I agree the 4K looks amazing. I've not watched "Maguire" yet, but of the five "Columbia Classics" I've screened, it was the biggest surprise visually, as I didn't expect it to be as much of a visual showcase as it was.

I think it's the biggest leap in quality from BD to 4K of those 5. It's just mind-blowing what a leap from the BD it is - the old BD, at least. The BD in the "CC" is from the new scan, so it'll probably compare reasonably well with the 4K. Since it's not available on its own, I didn't screen the new BD...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks