A few questions about the Mits 46809.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis Cruz, May 29, 2002.

1. Luis Cruz

Luis Cruz Stunt Coordinator

Jul 23, 1999
    Hi, I've been enjoying this forum for the past couple of years and would like input on the Mits 46809. I am planning on getting a summer job and am really interested in this RPTV to complete my home/bedroom theater. So here are my questions:

1) Do all Mits RPTV's have red push? And if so, will Avia be the only way to measure it?

2) I have the calibration disc from Sound and Vision will that be sufficient in getting a really good picture out of the set or will Avia give me something SaV won't?

3) Should I get a progressive scan dvd player or will my interlaced dvd player look great on the set? And if I need a prog. scan dvd player, which do you suggest to buy to accompany this set?

4) Does the mits lock in full mode?

Well, I think that's it for now. I appreciate any responses I get. Thanks and can't wait to see what you guys think.
  2. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Nov 21, 2001
    2)Avia is more advanced in it's patteresn S&V is a great start
    3)Prog. yes, JVC 60/2/5 or Pan Rp56 or Sony 700 in that order, but all of these are having replacements come out. I am really interested in the PAnny and Sony replacements.
    4) Does not lock in full.

I'll elaborate later, i'm sleepy and am hoping someone else will. Mits is a great choice.
    I like Mits, Sony, and then Pioneer Elite ($$). All w/i a half-hair after ISF. None can do true HD. Don't sweat it though.