What's new

A Bug's Life: CE OOP? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Is A Bug's Life: Collector's Edition out of print? I've been searching for it for quite awhile now, and I just found one copy for $40 at a local Suncoast. That's pretty damn expensive if you ask me, but if it is indeed out of print, I guess I'll get it. What do you guys think? Should I pick it up?

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know this title is not out of print. I would try an online retailer for a better price. Suncoast is pretty expensive.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Everyone thinks it's OOP

IT IS NOT OUT OF PRINT

It's just expensive, and many stores don't carry the expensive stuff (Like ABL:CE or Criterion discs, or they only carry 1 copy at a time

MichaelAW

Second Unit
$40 is the list price for that, I think. I remember thinking it was a bargain for $30 at Best Buy back when it was released.

It's well worth it, of course.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
It's 39.95 MSRP, which alot of places charge.

The confusion lies in the fact that Disney was supposed to put it on Moratorium months ago, but you can still find it and order it (from some places, at least). They did the same thing with the Emperor's New Groove CE, which is Moratorium, but can be found.

Matt

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
It's 39.95 MSRP, which alot of places charge.

The confusion lies in the fact that Disney was supposed to put it on Moratorium months ago, but you can still find it and order it (from some places, at least). They did the same thing with the Emperor's New Groove CE, which is Moratorium, but can be found.

Matt
Explain why I having trouble finding ENG: CE at stores lately. Oh well, Best Buy should have it.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
According to Image Entertainment's web site, there are two active A Bug's Life Collector's Edition DVDs:

Bug's Life (Special Edition)
Released 11/06/2001
$39.95

Bug's Life (Special Edition/ Old Version)
Released 11/23/1999
$49.98

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, it's nice to see they cheapened it. Now only if it could get to $29...;)

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I bought the new UK Deluxe Edition last week and I am totaly happy with it as far as sound and picturequality goes.
This new dvd boosts dts sound and it is truly amazing how it sounds as compared to the Collector's Edition released in the US a few years ago.
Extra's wise there is not so much on it as on the US release.
I have the best of both because I also own the US Collector's Edition :D
Check out playcentric and use this code CPLAYDPC60
to get it for $ 25.15 USD and with free US shipping.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Link Removed
According to Rewind, the R2 deluxe edition is the best, because it has all the same extras as the R1 but a DTS soundtrack as well.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
"Explain why I having trouble finding ENG: CE at stores lately. Oh well, Best Buy should have it."

Depends on who Best Buy/"stores" uses as a supplier. I would imagine they use their regional wherehouses to get things directly from the studios. My company does that, but almost exclusively uses Ingram for special orders, which is what that would be. Ingram, btw, is the largest video distributor in the U.S., so their wherehouses usually house a more diverse and deeper catalog of titles to be had. For instance, I ordered for myself a Star Wars THX Widescreen VHS boxed set about a year ago. It had been out of print for over 2 years, but after about 2 months, they scraped the barrel and I got one. That's the type of thing that happens pretty often (althought not usually in half that time). So it all depends on the distribution network.

eBay, as mentioned by others, is also a good source.

Matt

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's still odd that his title is harder than hell to find in a B&M store. Or at least in the state of Kentucky. :)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I, too, have not seen it in the large stores. I did buy my copy recently at Suncoast, though. It was marked for $49.99, but it rang up for $39.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks