What's new

A Bridge Too Far & Battle of Britain SE on 10/25/05 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Thanks John, I thought I read something about them being released in another region. I'll be buying both of them this coming October.

Crawdaddy

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I just ordered exactly these two R2 versions this weekend from play247.com!!
Pretty cheap though, £6.99 for each 2-disc set including shipping.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm a bit confused. These are being releases on Oct. 25 in region 1, right? That's what I've heard. I certainly hope so, cause A Bridge Too Far is the worst looking mainstream (i.e., not Madacy, etc.) dvd in my collection.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

If they weren't Region 1, I wouldn't have posted this thread in this area of the forum. Just click on the links, I provided from DVD Planet.

Crawdaddy

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

The previous release of "A Birdge too Far" is 16x9. Just hope they don't recycle the same transfer from the previous release. I'll pick up "Battle of Britain" as I held off getting the current version one.

Thansk for the headsup Robert. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
George, the point I was trying to make is MGM/Sony going to do a new transfer or are they going to recycle the same transfer. If the old one was non 16x9 I would say we would get a new transfer. But with it already being 16x9 what are the chances of it being the same transfer. Thats why I said I hope they don't redo the same transfer.

I agree it is a horrible transfer and would like a better looking DVD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
These two Special Editions are now listed for preorder on Lasersedge and DVD Empire's sites.

Crawdaddy

David Allen

Stunt Coordinator
Both of these films were released in 5.1 in the UK, along with an alternate music track for B.O.B. DVDplanets spec is wrong.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

It happens frequently on etailer sites. Part of the problem is etailers are given incomplete specifications.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If the price is right, I'll probably snap these up. Decent flicks, not my favorites, but good enough.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
The specs sound very promising. A Bridge too far is a personnal favorite. This will be a definite upgrade.
Todd

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I pulled out ABTF just last week (it's been several years since I last saw it and I didn't have my widescreen set then) and was appalled at the transfer. I'm glad to hear it's being reissued. Assuming an improvement in the image (and it sounds promising), I'm happy to double-dip on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks