What's new

8 legged freaks tomorrow...anyone else excited? (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
ok, so Im a sucker for these kinds of movies. But I cant wait for this one to arrive tomorrow!!

I will give a rent and if I like ask for xmas.

anyone actually see this and enjoy? even partially enjoy?

thanks!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I loved it! I'm actually more excited about this than that other arachnid-related title coming out this week; I haven't yet decided if I'm buying that one or not, but ELF is mine! :)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Rented this over the weekend. Was better then I expected. Will pick this up either near Christmas or when Blockbuster puts it in the previous viewed bins.

Joe

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
this is one of the most fun movies to come out in a while.
the effects are pretty good.

the only distraction is when the spiders start making 'human' sounds.

very entertaining!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I expected a dumb movie and I sorta got that but it was FUN and entertained me to the point where I would buy the movie. It's not cinematic art by any stretch but its a good time for an hour and some change.

Keith Helms

Stunt Coordinator
Considering that Tremors is one of my favorite movies, it's no surprise I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Well, I love 'Tremors' as well but 'Eight Legged Freaks' was a bore. Not very funny and not very scary. Uninspired ending and the characters just aren't as diverse and as much fun as 'Tremors.'
Sorry. :frowning:

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
I havent watched it yet, but its in the Target add for 15.99 along with Sum of all fears, so I picked up both. Its rare to see them beat out Circuit city which was selling both for 17.99. full sticker at suncoast is 26.99 so Im happy.

around the 15 dollar range, I say go for it!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Chad R's comment says it for me. If I may paraphrase a forgotten politician, "I know Tremors, Tremors is a good friend of mine. 8-legged Freaks, you're no Tremors!"

I'm probably in the minority here, but I have another objection to the movie. I'm offended by movies that use the suffering of animals for humor.

When the cat is attacked inside the walls and he is flung so hard as to make a 3-D impression on the wall, and the scene continues for another minute, it was too much.

Clearly this scene was meant to get laughs, but it lasts for a long time (or so it seemed), and this poor creature is being hounded to its death, and I'm supposed to laugh?

Tremors had plenty of laughs, but not when people or animals were being killed.

BTW, I wanted to like this film. I grew up with the monster flicks of the 50's and always hope to discover a new one today.

Keith Helms

Stunt Coordinator
Oh come on! The cat in the wall scene was the most obviously fake scene in a movie full of fake scenes. I thought I was watching a Roadrunner cartoon for a second there!

If animal lovers are going to get annoyed, they'd probably find the scene where the ugly little dog is obviously getting eaten off camera to be more upsetting.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
The human characters aren't great, but there are two or three really good scenes with the spiders.

These include the "spiders pick off guys on motorcycles" scene (so over-the-top as to be hilarious) and the "spiders pick off ostriches under the nose of the clueless human" scene. The moviemakers clearly learned a lesson about the value of lightning-speed, overwhelming, unexpected attacks from watching Aliens.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I was kind of excited for this release. I purchased this movie yesterday at Best Buy & I watched it last night. Good movie. The jumping spiders were cool espically during the motorcycle scene.

Andre F

Screenwriter
I missed it this weekend. Instead I wound up renting The Sum of All Fears and Amelie...both very good movies. Next weeked will start with Spider-Man (purcased) and a rental of Eight Legged Freaks...it will be an action packed weekend! :D

derek

Second Unit
I rented the DVD and quite enjoyed it as a fun homage to those 50s big bug movies. Much in the vein of Tremors...and I thought the efx were quite well done. Great popcorn movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks