What's new

$700 Paradigm Speaker Budget. Which to match with Denon 3802? (1 Viewer)

I am thinking of Titans for the front ($219 a pair), a cc-170 center ($200) and ADPs or titans for the rears. Any recommendations? It will be hooked up to my new 3802. Thanks!

Tom

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I started with Titans as mains and rears, but was not totally happy with them as mains for music, so I swapped them out for Minis. I might recommend you do the same.
Maybe Minis, CC170 and Titans as rears or Minis & CC370, no rears for now. It will be worth it. The Minis can handle much more power. The 3802 deserves something a bit better than Titans as mains. You won't regret the Minis. I didn't think the Minis would match well with the Titans as rears, but it actually works quite well.
FYI: I was able to get my V3 shielded Titans for $189.
What about a sub? Stands?
I will also have to recommend Axiom's M3Ti for not much more than the Titans and they are quite a bit better. Look for their outlet prices, M3Ti - $248/pr, VP100 center - $200, including shipping. That would seem to fit your budget just right.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Thomas,

Another option if you happen to be travelling anywhere towards Windsor, Ontario, Canada(8hrs) is to pick up 2pr Mini's and CC-370. You should be able get these for $1000CDN+tx($1150CDN/750-800US) GST Taxes paid would be refunded at the border. PST could be claimed in the mail.

Kevin

james e m

Second Unit
I too would recommend making the trek to Windsor to get a better deal. I think the money you save for better speakers is worth the trip. If you go to Windsor for speakers just make sure they have the speakers you want to audition first. I recommend going to Live Wire Audio.
James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks