What's new

70 degree weather in January?? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I for one don't like it at all. I like cold weather when it's supposed to be cold. Anyone else feel this way?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Don't you be talking down there!!

This past weekend it was -35C, snowing and windy here in Calgary. I was NOT enjoying myself.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
It was 64 degrees here yesterday and a high of 65 the day before. I for one do think it's a bit odd but I am enjoying it. I used to live in Alaska and upstate New York so this warm weather we have been having here in Indy is a welcome change.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
We have 35 degrees and snowing here today!

It's the first time I've seen snow here since easter of 1999.

It snowed for about an hour or so, both in '99 and now. None of it stayed on the ground of course, but the flakes were pretty big. It probably won't count as an official snow fall though since it disappears as soon as it lands. Apparently the last official snow fall was 11 years ago.

Oh, and I hate this weather by the way. I prefer the sunnier, 60-70 degrees winter days.

/Mike

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I was golfing in January (in Minnesota) this past weekend. I have no problem at all with global warming! :D

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
I don't know about you people, but until Canada starts exporting grapefruits I think we have nothing to worry about, global warming is b.s. ;)
But seriously, I would not mind it either if it was like that all year round; but it gets mighty hot in summer and that gets old really quick. Gotta have some variation.

Hugh M

Second Unit
humidity sucks....none of that here.

but you definitely do not want to overexpose yourself to the sun in the summer. The UV index is 10+ just about everyday during the warmer months. I didn't even know there was a 10+. I guess after they landed on the moon, and also found this desert, they added the + to the scale.

if you own a business and it doesn't matter where you're located, you should move out here. perfect for that. maybe someday I'll own a business and move down the street, next to Gates and all the other rich mack daddies.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
lol, its totally opposite hear in vancouver...

Normally we'd just get rain rain rain... this past week we've been getting alot of snow... like total at least a foot or two... very strange...

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
64° with severe thunderstorms here. the extended calls for high is the mid 50s and lows in the low 20s. What gives? I want snow!!! :frowning:

Dave Reichert

Stunt Coordinator
You know what's weird? Few days ago here in Denver it was in the mid 60's. Last night it got down to about 5 I think with light snow. Few days before the 60's we got 8 inches of snow. Colorado weather is just weird.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
So I seal up my drafty windows with plastic for the winter... I take all my sweaters and heavy jackets out of the closets and put away all my thin summer stuff... And now it's nearly 80 degrees here in Baltimore and no cold weather even in sight. It's JANUARY 31, for cry eye! I can't open my windows, my house is stifling and all sealed up, and I'm going to catch pnumonia from this weather.

I thought it was global warming, but actually, I read that while it's odd for us to have such warm temps in Jan/Feb, it's only because the last time we had temps this warm was in like 1948. Was there global warming back then?

I WANT COLD! This is so frustrating.

MC

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Well on Monday it was 60 degrees and sunny but by Tuesday night it was snowing and by Thursday we had over a foot of snow. I went from swinging a golf club to clutching a snow shovel in less than 48 hours.

Hugh M

Second Unit
Try having tornado watches in January. Now that's weird.
that is a bit strange. So is snow on the 4th of July. Which I did see first hand in CO. It usually snows anytime from mid-late spetember through early June in the high country.

Colorado does have alot of fluctuation of temps. I always figured it was because it was a mile closer to the sun. When it snows it melts easier and the roads heat up more. Of course this is balanced by the fact that the ground is colder because its further away from the earth. You just can't win. 50-60 degree days in the winter happens quite often in Denver. The winters are actually easier (on average) in Denver than in Northern NJ where I grew up. At least from what I experienced.

Even Denver can get blizzards in October however. Which it did in '97. 30+ inches. I had just moved from the high country for the winter the day before. I kind of wish I had stayed up there to catch that Blizzard because they had over 5 feet and sustained winds of 100mph up there, for a couple of days in a row. That would have been something to experience. ONCE

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
It was in the 70's for the last week or so, but it was a freezing 48 today. Maybe we should've kept the groundhog in his hole so the warm weather would've continued?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks