What's new

7 channel amps: any suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Scott Rickards

Stunt Coordinator
If one was looking to mate, say, an Oulaw 950 or Anthem AVM 20 to some good amps, what are some choices, 7 channel-wise?

I know Outlaw has their 200w x 7 channel amps for around $1800, which sounds to me like an *excellent* deal for an amp. Would this product be about the best value going?

I hear names like Parasound,H/K and Sherwood Newcastle thrown around alot and I was wondering if they would be as good (perhaps even better?) a value as the Outlaw amp?

What about including amps that aren't in a single chassis ( monoblocks? a 5 channel amp+a 2 channel amp?).

Are there any products that can match or beat the Outlaw's Price/performance ratio in your opinion?

All responses are welcome

Thank you.

stephen_z

Stunt Coordinator
Kelly,
The Outlaw 770 represents one of the best deals out there for a 7-ch @200 watt amp at a cost of

Brandon Blair

Stunt Coordinator
Moon, made by Simaudio, makes one of if not the best 7 channel amp you can buy. Here is a link to their home page http://www.simaudio.com/ Look under their A/V products and you will see their Titan Amps. They custom build them in 2 through 7 channels depending on your needs.

Jon W (NoVA)

Stunt Coordinator
I think I've seen the Sherbourne 5/1500A for around $1200, regardless it's not really fair to compare another amps list price to Outlaw's direct from manufacturer price.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Kelly,

Aragon offers a 7 channel amp. However it is in the $3,000 range @ 200wpc. I am not sure how it stacks up against the above referenced amps.

Phil

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Yeap, Sherbourn can be found for close to $1300. Also, they are monoblock designed in one chasis. They are coming out with a 7 channel version this summer in conjunction with the 950 clone preamp.

ling_w

Second Unit
I think the Rowland MC-6 is a steal. Mark Levinson's single channel per chasis amp No. 434 and 436 seems to be good also, but lets hope that it is not a rebadged HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks