What's new

7.1 surrounds mono,bi or dipole? (1 Viewer)

JeffMcC

Grip
making speaker selections for a 7.1 set up. Have Yam RX-V2400, bought the svs pb2-isd sub and love it.
My room is 12'x21' (Ok so I got a BIG sub for the size..)

I'm pretty set on Axioms so I'm looking at the m60 towers for fronts, and m2ti for rears. For 7.1 I was going to go with the qs-8for the surrounds (quad pole designs seems kind of cool), however I'm considering the fact that especially for music/sacd listening I may want to go with something that will localize the sound more. Could do a monopole and just get 2 more m2ti...

Given I'll use the Yam to matrix the back for regular cd listening, but have to go with the 5.1 multi channel for sacd, should I jst stick with the qs8 quad poles anyway??

Thanks!

BurgerJeff

mark-h

Grip
My set up is almost exactly what you describe that you want with the exception that I have the m80's in front, M3Ti's in the rear with SVS 20-39 PCi sub.

The QS8's are perfect to me for all my listening but exceptionally great for movies.

I personally like the effect of the quad surrounds for music as I don't have to sit in one position to hear them. I found the quad speakers allowed me to still hear the discrete sounds from a listening "area" instead on "spot".

But then, this is just my opinion...

Mark

JeffMcC

Grip
Hi Mark,

How big is your room? Mine's 12'x21'.
Here's what I had planned before rethinking due to smallish size of my room:

M80 fronts
QS8 surrounds
M3ti backs
VP 150 center

Just got SVS PB2-ISD sub (very cool!)

I was thinking of dropping down to the M60 so as not to put them in a small room where they don't have enough space to breathe. Also was a bit concerned about the 4 ohm load (if I went with that set-up I would have 4, 6, and 8 ohm loads on various speakers) just didn't seem optimal.

Any guidance from your experience??

BTW; sounds like QS8s are a good choice due to my narrow room

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks