What's new

7.1 Hookup for Yamaha RX-V2500 (1 Viewer)

-montser-

Auditioning
Real Name
Monte Matson
I'm hoping someone out there has a simliar setup as me.

I have a Yamaha RX-V2500 receiver and a Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray player. I have 7.1 surround sound speakers setup already. I've done all the updates on the Blue-Ray up to version 4.5.

My question is, what's the ideal settings on the Blu-Ray player and also the ideal way to hook the Sony BDP-S300 to my Yamaha. Right now, I have the Sony on defaults and the HDMI out directly to my 55 inch TV, and the audio from the Sony Blu-Ray to my Yamaha using the optical audio cable. I know at one point, I had performed a firmware update on my player and watched a movie that had 7.1 and all the indicators on my receiver showing all speakers working (might have been Narnia movie). Since I've done more firmware updates, 7.1 movies don't seem to process.

If someone out there has the same or similiar setup, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks....

-montser-

Auditioning
Real Name
Monte Matson
Strange, my post didn't show up until I replied to my own post.

Anyway, now it's showing up...

Thanks...

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I don't believe your Blu-Ray play has 7.1 analog outs (correct?). If this is the case, the only way to get 7.1 signal out of your Blu-Ray player is with HDMI which your Yamaha does not have...

Best you can do is connect via optical/coax at 5.1 and use your receivers DSP modes to simulate 7.1 (i.e. DD EX).

An alternative would be to get a new Blu-Ray player with 7.1 analogue outs or get a new pre/pro (such as the Emotive UMC-1) and get HD processing and HDMI input capabilities.

JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks