What's new

57h81 vs 57hx81 (1 Viewer)

RickMel

Grip
What are the differences between the Toshiba 57h81 and 57hx81? I know there are some differences in the sound system. What about the optics?

I'm actually trying to hold off and wait for the 2002 models.

Does anyone know if the 57h82 and 57hdx82 will have the same differences as the XXX81 models?

From what I've heard, it seems the 57h82 will be out in July and the 57hdx82 will be out in the fall sometime. The question boils down to... is it worth waiting for the 57hdx82 in the fall - or just go ahead and get the 57h82 in July?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Right now there is basically no official info on the XXX82 models. But my guess is that the 57H82 will be DVI-upgradable, while the 57HDX82 will come standard with DVI installed.

Just a guess though...I'm in a similar predicament as you.

RickMel

Grip
Matt,

That's my understanding too. I guess what I'm wondering is about the detailed specs - specificaly with the screen and optics. What is the lenticular screen pitch? 4 element or 5 element lenses ...those sort of techno geek questions. Are both XXX82 models to be the same as far as optics? Are the XXX81 models the same?

I haven't been able to find the detailed specs of the XXX81 Toshibas anywhere. I've been to the Tosh web-site and it just gives the basics. I want to know the nitty-gritty, detailed, techno-geek specs - and what the difference are with the XXX81 models. I suspect that the XXX82 models will have the same differences as the XXX81 models other than DVI upgradeable vs DVI built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.