What's new
World Wide Stereo

5.1 reciever with L/C/R + Surround & Stereo Out for Spkr B (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depends what he needs.

Does he want a front HDMI? Denon
Would he use a front composite? Onkyo
Does he have an Apple TV? Onkyo
Does he want a 2nd HDMI output? Onkyo
Does he want Airplay? Denon

Real Name
Douglas
It is not possible to play the digital audio signals input from the HDMI,COAXIAL or OPTICAL connectors in ZONE2. Play using analogconnections (in stereo).

This is from the Denon Manual..I'm assuming this is pretty much standard on recievers. So ANY HDMI input I put into this thing..is NOT soing to get sent to Zone 2. i'll need RCA patch cables for each device.

Not to mention, like you pointed out earlier..if th edevice cannot output to both HDMI digital audio and RCA analog audio..I'm hosed

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Both the the E400 and NR626 share...

Audyssey MultiEQ
Spotify/Vtuner/Pandora (I think both have a Vtuner)
Both have 6 HDMI(with Denon having 5 rear, one front)
Both have a digital USB on the front.

The only other thing the 626 includes is onboard Bluetooth and WiFi(does he need either?)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ElectronicHoby said:
It is not possible to play the digital audio signals input from the HDMI,COAXIAL or OPTICAL connectors in ZONE2. Play using analogconnections (in stereo).

This is from the Denon Manual..I'm assuming this is pretty much standard on recievers. So ANY HDMI input I put into this thing..is NOT soing to get sent to Zone 2. i'll need RCA patch cables for each device.

Not to mention, like you pointed out earlier..if th edevice cannot output to both HDMI digital audio and RCA analog audio..I'm hosed
Which is why I pointed out the X3000/4000...both send HDMI/toslink/digital coax to zone 2.

The caveat(no getting around it) is the beginning source must be PCM 2.0. Meaning, if you want THE SAME source in both locations...the 5.1 will have to be PCM 2.0 and DPL.

That restriction doesn't matter if you are using 2 sources.

Real Name
Douglas
It appears even the X3000 manual says if you want the same source on ZOne 1 7 2...audio might be restricted. Thanks for your help

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yep, you can't get around the "caveat" of PCM 2.0.

Asking the DSP to decode an incoming 5.1(like from a football game) as 5.1 for the main zone and 2.0 for Zone 2 is not happening.

Both are PCM 2.0. Which means you have to live with Dolby ProLogic while doing "whole-home SuperBowl"...

Real Name
Douglas
schan1269 said:
Yep, you can't get around the "caveat" of PCM 2.0.

Asking the DSP to decode an incoming 5.1(like from a football game) as 5.1 for the main zone and 2.0 for Zone 2 is not happening.

Both are PCM 2.0. Which means you have to live with Dolby ProLogic while doing "whole-home SuperBowl"...
UNLESS the cable/SAT box will out put RCA analog and HDI-Digital audio at the same time..correct?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That same scenario follows through with BD players*...Roku boxes...etc, etc...

*BD players have lost analog audio. Some only have dig coax/toslink now. So, out there somewhere, there might be a BD player capable of 5.1 over HDMI and 2.0 over digital coax/toslink...in case you are ever doing movie night...and people grabbing more popcorn can still hear the movie...

Real Name
Douglas
Why do they make multi-zone/room receivers and then phase out analog audio..know they wont demux the DTS/DD to 2.0 for the Zone 2?..Dang Them !

Is there a way to look up a BD player and see if will out put both formats (analog & HDMI) concurrently?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've yet to run across a BD player that can't do audio over HDMI in the chosen format and still do standard 2.0 analog(although not sure if pure front track or not)...but my BD players where I care for that are all original profile 2(meaning 3+ years old)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykayjohnson73
Recent bookmarks