What's new

4k Wish List 2022 (1 Viewer)

GWTWTOO

Agent
Real Name
Mark
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA [stand alone disc]-----SOUND OF MUSIC-----PATTON----CLEOPATRA---HELLO DOLLY----DANCES WITH WOLVES----SOUTH PACIFIC----WEST SIDE STORY---BLACK RAIN---KINGDOM OF HEAVEN--THELMA AND LOUISE---1492. Yes I know half of these will probably never be released by Disney.

Prof. Ratigan

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
A lot of great titles mentioned. Of those not mentioned, The Third Man, Pride & Prejudice, Tree of Life, and (in the never gonna happen category) Star Wars theatrical cuts.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
How about the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol with Alister Sim. Considered to be the best version of Dickens tale by many critics.
--jthree

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Dragonslayer
Carl Sagan's Cosmos
Baa Baa Black Sheep series.

probably never happen for any of it.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I'm restricting myself to catalog titles that may have a realistic chance of being released:

Minority Report and Catch Me if You Can - Both celebrating 20th Anniversaries
The Godfather Trilogy - 50th anniversary of the original film
West Side Story (1961) - tie in with video release of the Spielberg remake
Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, T2 (no DNR), True Lies, Titanic (25th Anniversary), Avatar - Tie-in with release of Avatar 2
Heat - already confirmed in the works
Bond 4K box set - 60th anniversary of the franchise
Reservoir Dogs - 30th anniversary
Boogie Nights - 25th anniversary, tie-in with video release of Licorice Pizza
There Will be Blood - 15th anniversary, tie-in with video release of Licorice Pizza
The Master - 10th anniversary, tie-in with video release of Licorice Pizza

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
All these requests for Fox films. I have to sigh. Highly doubtful Disney is going to release any of them to 4k, as has been pointed out. I would add PLANET OF THE APES (if that is not already mentioned).

I only have one title on my 4k wish list...

"1776"

I am certain Sony will get to releasing it on disc. I suspect part of a boxed set collection.

However, I did want to make certain that the release is done correctly. While "1776" is available on 4k digital, it is the shorter version and not the extended cut.

I recently spoke with Grover Crisp and asked him if he would push Sony to put the longest cut on 4k when it comes up for release and he responded kindly saying he would do that.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
For 2022 I would love to see

Planet of the Apes
Edward Scissorhands
Rocky 1-4
Hoosiers
Dazed and Confused
Fright Night
Day of the Dead
Lost in Translation
Aliens

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm restricting myself to catalog titles that may have a realistic chance of being released:

Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, T2 (no DNR), True Lies, Titanic (25th Anniversary), Avatar - Tie-in with release of Avatar 2

Since you specifically mention "realistic chance", most of those don't seem realistic for 2022... or maybe even anytime w/in the next 5 years given Cameron's lack of interest on top of Disney's own general lack of interest...

Of course, I'd love to be wrong about that...

_Man_

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I thought i would add a few of my favorite foreign films. It's nice that The Seventh Seal and Ran are out on 4k.

8 1/2
The Leopard
Amarcord
Wild Strawberries
Mr. Hulot's Holiday & Playtime
Wages of Fear
Beauty and the Beast
Tree of the Wooden Clogs
Dersu Uzala

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
All these requests for Fox films. I have to sigh. Highly doubtful Disney is going to release any of them to 4k, as has been pointed out.

I know Disney is generally done with 4K disc releases, but I was under the impression from the Bits that certain perennial bestsellers (like Heat) and titles by a select few filmmakers like Spielberg and Cameron will still be considered for disc releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks