What's new

3803 - No Sub Out (1 Viewer)

BobKeeler

Auditioning
Help! I seem to have put my 3808 in some mode than has disabled the sub out. If I do a Channel level test I get the test tone out of the sub OK. But no sub output with music. Any ideas?

Bob

BobKeeler

Auditioning
More data. I have found that if I am in stereo mode the sub outputs fine, but nothing in Dolby/DTS. Thanks.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
I may be wrong, but I think "Pure Direct" (where the power is shut off to other compoents and the display) disables the sub.

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
In direct mode on a Denon receiver, the bass is sent to the front speakers and sub with no crossover. In stero mode, the crossover is used. The idea is that in direct mode, the least amount of circutry is being used and is supposed result in a 'cleaner' sound.

Bob...while in DTS mode check your speakers settings on your onscreen display. Make sure that your sub is turned to 'on'.

BobKeeler

Auditioning
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I've discovered that if center channel is small the sub works fine, but in large mode I have no sub. I have tried Dolby and DTS DVD's with the same result. I can find nothing in the manual that suggests any center channel/sub relationship.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Bob: How are you set up? All "Large" speakers? You say that with music you get no sub action? What DVDs are you trying to play? There are some music DVDs that have no LFE .1 channel. So if all of the speakers are set to "Large", there would be no sub action.

I wanted to clarify that in Direct or Stereo mode, the sub's lowpass crossover is still there. But for Direct, the main speaker's highpass crossover is indeed bypassed. For Stereo, the highpass filter is still available (if the mains are set to "Small".)

CurtisC

Second Unit
My 3803 plays sub in all modes(if I want),my speaks are all large,read the manual thoroughly(lfe+main).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks