What's new

3 US retailers not carrying Acclaims BMX XXX (1 Viewer)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
You just know that Acclaim was praying for this to happen. In any event I would like to say I support this move and sincerely hope that these three retailers will continue to expand upon their new "no crappy games" policy.

George See

Second Unit
That means I prolly won't be able to rent it at BB with all the hoopla surrounding this game I'd like to check it out. But i'm not gonna purchase it. I go with Tony Hawk for my extreme sports fix.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
There is a definite difference between GTA3 & BMX XXX.

America has always preferred to expose children to violence over sex. Therefore, it's somehow OK to impose this type of double-standard in our wacked out society.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It's OK to fuck a hooker then kill her for her money and her crack.

But a topless woman riding a bike and saying naughty words? That is depraved!

Sometimes I am ashamed of our society.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
We're not going to carry any software with any vulgarity or nudity -- we're just not going to do it," Wal-Mart spokesman Tom Williams told Reuters.

I love that quote, seeing as how I can go to WalMart and buy GTA III, with its vulgarity intact in it. I just dont get people.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
It's OK to fuck a hooker then kill her for her money and her crack.
But that is not the main point of GTA3. Its not even advertised as being able to do that. But with BMX XXX they are advertising it as being bad. I don't care what people buy but the whole linking of violence and sex to a bmx stunt game just seems very strange to me. At least with GTA3 the violence fit in with the game.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I don't care what people buy but the whole linking of violence and sex to a bmx stunt game just seems very strange to me. At least with GTA3 the violence fit in with the game.
I agree. Its like they just threw it in just so they could sell more copies. It seems to me they would HAVE to put nudity in it so people would buy it.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Walmart, Toys R Us, and KB Toys aren't going to carry it and they say that Best Buy is going to sell a censored version.
Actually, every store that carries the PS2 version is going to sell a censored version. Sony forced Acclaim to cut out some of the raunchier stuff.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Is anyone really surprised? It'll be carried by places like EBGames & Gamestop, but I really don't think this will slow sales any. Anyone (old enough) who wants it will be able to get it I'd think. THose under 18 will still be able to get it, but it will be more difficult.

Ahh - glad to see our archaic puritanical value system here is still intact.

Keith M.

Second Unit
I personally applaud Acclaim...

Im so sick of all this politically correct bullshit. This country needs to grow up and quit being so uptight about everything. Its a frickin game, nothing more. If you are offended, too bad, dont buy it

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've never understood this. A game with guns, blood and violence can actually get a "T" rating, but putting in breasts gets you banned? What's wrong with breasts? When was the last time breasts killed anyone, or even hurt anyone? Millions of people die because of guns every year, but I can't remember ever reading about a single breast-related fatality.

I guess I just can't come to grips with why retailers will find a topless woman "obscene" and not the violence in GTA3 for example.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
What about the game itself? Anyone wanna bet how bad it's going to suck? I mean, if it had any redeeming gameplay qualities they wouldn't need to resort to making it controversial in the first place.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
What about the game itself? Anyone wanna bet how bad it's going to suck? I mean, if it had any redeeming gameplay qualities they wouldn't need to resort to making it controversial in the first place.
I mentioned this on the older thread, but I'll say it again: even people who worked on the game are saying it's crap. Apparently the original plan was to just make a third Dave Mirra game with some fancy new gameplay improvements, but then somebody came up with the new uber-3DGY "XXX" angle and most of the planned improvements were thrown out the window in lieu of strippers and pimps.

The truth is that the Dave Mirra BMX engine isn't actually all that bad, as far as extreme sports games go. Unless they've rebuilt the entire thing from scratch (which I doubt) it can't really be any worse than the last game in the series. It's just that the bar has been raised quite a lot since then, and Acclaim thinks nudity and poop jokes can make up for the fact that nothing else has really changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks