What's new

2nd thoughts on purchase (1 Viewer)

DavidKid

Auditioning
I just bought the Denon 2803 but now I'm having second thoughts about buying it. I'm starting to think that I should have bought the h/k 325. I listened to both of the receivers on Mirage omni 250s and they both sounded good to me but I ended up going with the Denon because I could get it a little bit cheaper than the h/k. Am I second guessing myself for nothing or did I miss out on not buying the h/k. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome

Dave

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Which one did you prefer? If you felt that they were equal then the Denon is clearly the better buy for you. Both Denon and H/K make excellent products so either would be a solid choice.

DanaA

Screenwriter
David,

When I was about to spend a lot of money recently, I started a thread on my anxieties regarding spending money this way on another board.

A lot of posters shared the nervousness before buying and feelings ranging from guilt to second guessing after the purchase.

Like Greg said, both receivers are very good products. Unless there is something you particularly favor the HK on, the Denon should do just fine. A really nice product.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
I think you did the right thing since there have been some threads lately about quality issues with H/K. I bought my Denon 2803 the week they came out. Sounds good and hasn't given me any problems. That's all I care about. Actually I have noticed within the past few movies I have watched that it sounds a lot better then it did at first. Maybe it is breaking in?

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
they are both good productsd and I also looked at Denon before I bought my HK AVR-225. My main reason for buying it was because in my opinion it was a little more feature-rich for the price and it looked "cool" compared to most others but the Denon is a solid product.

If your really that concerned go back to the store and listen to them both again, see what features they have and then just remake your decision. They might charge you for an open box though..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks