What's new

2nd BMW Films series out soon (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I said widescreen because I'm not sure if they use "anamorphic" encoding under WM9- but they are definately not 4:3 in any sense of the word.

The HD versions look particularly impressive- it's too bad BMW decided to limit playback to 60days. Bastards.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, the films on the earlier DVD were presented in non-anamorphic letterbox but their end credits were 1.33:1.

Gruson

Second Unit
There is an XP demo disc which has HD version of three of the movies! They are a WM9 release, like the upcoming T2 DVD.

They look incredible...much better than DVD. You have to have a HTPC though :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Eric or anyone else- Would you be willing to make copies of the XP demo disc for fellow members? I'd love to have these in HD, let us know if you can..

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
If anyone is interested, I ordered my DVD on May 16th. I just received the DVD today. That was a 12 day turnaround. Not too bad, especially for Canada.
I have only watched "Beat the Devil" and it is definitely anamorphic. All of the films are 5.1 DD as well.

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone is interested, I ordered my DVD on May 16th. I just received the DVD today. That was a 12 day turnaround. Not too bad, especially for Canada.
Can you confirm that it includes all 8 films? Wasn't sure if anyone was positive about this release includding "The Follow". Thanks.

Cliff C

Grip
I received my copy today. Seems like international orders are being shipped first...

My copy arrived without any cardboard packing...only the keepcase with a mailing label attached to it...and it was a floater..but luckily there was no damage.

It contains "The Follow." Some of the shorts seem to be longer than the ones on the web. So far I've seen additional bits in "Chosen" and "Follow."

The disc is NON-Anamorphic. Beat the Devil and Powder Keg were 1.85:1 while the others were 2.35:1. These were the same aspect ratios as those on the web.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
So, Richard and Cliff C, you guys wanna arm wrestle to see who is really right about the disc being anamorphic?:D

BGL

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I got mine today too...and I'm surprised that it's still in one piece considering the packaging...or lack thereof.

Gregory E

Second Unit
It's weird that the Canadians are getting their copies while the Americans are still waiting. And I think a lot of copies are going to be stolen if they are not wrapped in anything. Mine supposedly shipped a few days ago but it hasn't shown up yet.

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
I received my copy in deepest, darkest Melbourne 2 days ago. It was the shortest 6 weeks I've ever experienced. :D

I find it slightly amusing that it takes less time to send the disc half-way around the world that it does to send it from NJ to OH...

Mikko-Ville

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered mine on the 15th and received it on the 26th. Pretty amazing that the case and disc were not damaged at all. Yes and I also live nowhere near North America. :)

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Quick question for those who have recieved their dvd. Does it include the Making of the Films, Driving Techniques, and 5 subplots that were included on the first production dvd?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks