What's new

2nd/3rd Zone help regarding the Yamaha HTR-5890 (1 Viewer)

Martin Wulf

Auditioning
I am looking at buying the HTR-5890 but I am unclear about the 2nd/3rd Zone feature of this model…specifically, I am wanting to use the internal 2nd zone amp to power a pair of speaker on my back poach and also connect the 3rd zone analog outputs to a old receiver in another room and run a pair of speakers from here…I have looked at the user manual on line and I am unclear whether this “combo” setup will actually work…as the manual only shows a setup using both zone outputs to separate receivers in both zones or just the internally power 2nd zone only…I have in read in several reviews that user manual for this model is somewhat lacking, so I am hopeful this might work…any info/insight regarding this would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Scotty P

Agent
Yes that will work. Zone 2 is the only one capable of being powered by the rear amps (leaving main zone in 5.1). Zone 3 is line level audio out only, but switched independent of main zone and zone 2. Zone 2 has video also, not zone 3. One thing I am not sure is: if you want 7.1 in main room, then turn on zone 2, it will change you to 5.1 in main...does it automatically return you to 7.1 after turning zone 2 off? or do you have to reset that also?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks