What's new
World Wide Stereo

2500 to spend on new projector (1 Viewer)

MarkHughes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hughes
I have about 2500 bucks to put into a projector for my home theater. Any suggestions? I will primarily be using this for movie watching, but I am sure there will be 4:3 applications that will be seen as well. But, I am looking to set it for it's main usage for movies. I have about 19' for throw distance, but will probably mount it somewhere in the middle of the ceiling.

TIA

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Since its main usage is for movies with maybe a little 4x3 viewing, can I suggest a 16x9 projector and 16x9 screen as well?

MarkHughes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hughes
will definately be going with a 16x9 screen and have been looking at the benq line. The PE 7800 and the PE 8700. The 8700 is clearly better, but I have those money constraints. debating waiting a few months to get the extra cash or going for the 7800 now. (negotiated my way down to 2600 bucks on the 7800). any insight???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks