What's new

25 watt Bass Shakers (1 Viewer)

Mark Condon

Auditioning
I have 4 brand new 25 watt bass shakers. My setup will soon be an Outlaw receiver and an Outlaw amp. I am currently running only a Sony STRDE 935 (no pre outs accept for one for second room). My question is how do I hook up the shakers? I understand I should run them off the Sony but how am I supposed to get the audio signal of the movie to the Sony since it will be running via coax cable to the Outlaw receiver first and then the Outlaw amp.
The model of bass shakers I have are the ones with speaker only wires (no rca jacks).
Thx
Mark Condon

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
What I did was have the sub out (LFE channel) split into 2, one for the sub and another to the receiver powering the shakers. That way, you only have to deal with the rumbling and stuff, and not the loud sounds from the movie soundtrack. Also, you can just "pass through" the LFE signal thru the sub, as the latter usually has a pass thru output...basically daisy chained the your shaker receiver to your existing sub.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Because you have the two receivers going on over there I think the easiest way to get them a-shaking would be to split the LFE out from the Outlaw. Then run one of the LFE's to your sub and the other one to an input on the sony. Then just run two bass shakers from the left speakers of the sony and two from the right.
------------------

Mark Condon

Auditioning
Thx alot! I think I will split the LFE and send one to the sub and one to the Sony receiver like yall suggest. I will keep yall posted........
Thx again
Mark Condon
P.S. I just redid my theater but I have not updated my web page yet. Will prob do it tonight so look out for the post!
------------------
Link Removed

tom_furman

Stunt Coordinator
what if you didnt have a 2nd receiver?
say you had 2 shakers and two small 25w amps?
do you split the LFE out of the receiver, pass one along to your sub, and then split the other end again, so you have one going to each amp?
argh..this is confusing..

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
ya i'd give that a try tom.
treat it essentially like having the three seperate amps and a LFE out has to go to each amp.
These Bass Shaker things confused the hell out of me when i first go them
I know there's a couple of good posts, you might want to do a search for "aura bass shakers' or something similar to that
------------------
Bring Degrassi out on DVD!!

tom_furman

Stunt Coordinator
ok...if i cant find a friend with an old pro logic receiver i'll go the amp route.
now if i do find an old receiver what input do i use? will any audio input work?
also....i havent seen a bass shaker up close put it seems like they have RCA plugs....it seems most people say that you simply hook the shakers up as the left and right speakers on the receiver. now if you run speaker wire out of the receiver, how do you run that wire into the RCA plugs on the shaker? thanks alot for all your help...i feel like a moron! :)
[Edited last by tom_furman on July 25, 2001 at 07:12 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks