What's new

24 Season Two: Simply the best TV show I have ever seen! Buy these season sets NOW! (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Agreed on the menus. Particularly the example you gave. I like Kim, but her story just depended way too much on coincidence this year. She has the worst luck in the world. Jack's story had a bout as much as I could swallow.

As for timeline errors how about the part where Kate is following her sister around at the airport. It goes to commerical and comes back 4 minutes later with Kate still following her sister. They seem to have only gone a few hundred feeet. And, of course, a whole hour passes in the pilot which is 52 minutes long and has no commercial breaks.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The Sopranos used to be my favorite show on TV.......until 24 came along. This is, by far, the most addictive TV show I've ever seen and it is nearly perfect in every way. There's great acting(especially by Keifer Sutherland and Dennis Haysbert), non-stop suspense and a good amount of action. The only real flaw is Kim's storyline, but that can be overlooked because the rest of the show is so damn good. I really hope Season 3 lives up to the brilliance of the first two seasons and that the show doesn't "jump the shark" this year. Needless to say, I'm eagerly awaiting October 28th.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have a question for those who have seen both seasons. I have both seasons on DVD and have not yet seen any of them. I want to start with the more recent season, season 2. Is it possible, are they disconnected and if I watch season 2 first, is it going to spoil season one for me?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They're very connected. The plots are largely seperate, but most of the characters are the same. So don't watch even watch promos for 24 season 2 as it spoils who does and doesn't survive the first one, as well as a couple other major plot points.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I'm really glad I keep watching the TV show on the Tivo. I'd be really pissed to have menu spoilers for any of the episodes! I also skip the 'next week on 24' preview at the end of each episode.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor

What a great show. I want to go back and rewatch it again. I just hope I can resist watching Season 3 on TV. I would never make it between weeks, plus, I would probably miss and episode or two.

If ever there was a show created for DVD, this was it.

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
Just would like to say that anticipation is one of the greatest things about the show. Like many I missed the 1st season and watched it on DVD. The function of being able to watch the next episode immediately led to it being completed within one week. However watching Season 2 on TV led to an entirely more enjoyable experience, with extensive debates down the pub, at work and on the phone to family and friends for nearly half a year. This is true value for money, as not only do you analyse the plot points, but also come up with a million alternate scenarios that could have been.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
However watching Season 2 on TV led to an entirely more enjoyable experience, with extensive debates down the pub, at work and on the phone to family and friends for nearly half a year.
At work we spend our entire lunchtime Wednesdays discussing the previous night's '24'. Great fun! I can't imagine watching the show 10 months after everybody else.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I want to start with the more recent season, season 2. Is it possible, are they disconnected and if I watch season 2 first, is it going to spoil season one for me?
Sam, don't even think about doing that! You will definitely ruin season 1 if you watch season 2 first. You need to see the final hour of season 1 without any knowledge of what comes after that.

Just curious, why would you want to watch them out of order?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I loved this as well. I have already decided I will see Season 3 like Ron did, after I buy the Season 3 Box Set. I watched Season 2 with tapings of the episodes and the cliff-hangers and various 3 week hiatus' turned me off, otherwise it was great.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Charlie,

Good to see you in this thread -- and doubly
good to hear about the state of DVD MENUS and
COVER ART from the perspective of a DVD Producer.

I want to start with the more recent season, season 2. Is it possible, are they disconnected and if I watch season 2 first, is it going to spoil season one for me?
Please don't even think of it. You need to watch
Season One before getting into Season Two. This is
not a show you can just start in the middle of.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
People who first saw it on TV and then are watching on DVD - how good is it the second time around?

Neil

Joe Acevedo

Agent
Neil,

I saw it on TV and I am now watching it again on dvd. It is still enjoyable for me, but I am watching it with other people who haven't seen it yet. Half of the fun for me is seeing their reactions to the events of the show and having to avoid answering their constant questions about what is going to happen next.

Joe

Don't even think about watching the sets out of order.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I saw most of Season One from tapes I made of last summer (2002's) marathon. But 1st 6 episdoes didn't come out and the rest the sound was poor on my tape. So seeing the Season One DVD set was much more enjoyable.

Season Two I taped as it aired and watched it each week. When they had the various 3 week hiatus's I re-watched the last episode I saw and then watched the new one. This was OK, but I did not like going from October until May to wrap it up. I bought the Season Two box set because I wanted to have it, but have not watched it yet.

I will wait on Season Three until I buy the box set next fall, hopefully. And over next summer, when most else is in repeats, I will watch Season One, spread out through July and Season Two, spread out through August. Then hopefully Season Three will be out on DVD in Sept.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Just curious, why would you want to watch them out of order?
Well because season 2 is more recent and I just bought it few days ago. I also thought maybe it is more technically advanced since the success of season 1. I personally thought that each season has a different story and each time the lead has to solve a new 24h problem. Do they really talk about the plot points of season 1 during season 2?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Do they really talk about the plot points of season 1 during season 2?
Yes they do.

Sam, you need the history of the characters
and events that came before Season 2.

Season 1 is just as technically advanced as 2.
Some think Season 1 is the better season. More
opinions I have read lean towards Season 2 being
superior.

You can't go wrong starting with Season One.
It is just as gripping as the second season.

PLEASE don't watch anything out of order.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
After watching season 1 in 3 days, then season 2 as it aired, I can say I like watching it week to week a lot more. Instead of avoiding any 24 discussion, you get to talk it over, TRY to think of the way that they are going to out of the problems, then say "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST DID THAT!!!" LOL, I have no idea how many times I said that at the end of an episode. Over the past year I really enjoy the fact that I got about 8 people turned onto this show. It makes way for very long conversations about all the plot twitsts.

Plus, if everyone waits for it to be released on DVD, it will get cancelled in mid-season.

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you can compare Season 1 to Season 2.

10/10 for Season 1
5/10 for Season 2

Don't get my wrong, Season 2 was great...but Season 1 was "oh my god".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks